UGI Corporation Mobile LNG Technician in Leesport, Pennsylvania
UGI Energy Services supplies and markets natural gas, liquid fuels, and electricity to 40,000 customer locations across the Mid-Atlantic and Northeastern US.
We are a supplier, marketer, and midstream services provider one backed by 135 years of natural gas experience, plus our own expanding energy infrastructure. Along with buying and selling energy commodities at the wholesale level, UGIES owns and operates key electric generation and midstream natural gas assets throughout Pennsylvania.
With headquarters and supply sources near the heart of the Marcellus Shale, UGIES is well positioned to meet the changing energy demands of commercial, industrial, institutional, and government customers for years to come.
We offer comprehensive benefits, some of which are:
Paid Vacation time starts with 3 weeks off
8 Paid Holidays
Short term & Long term disability
Medical plan options from Aetna and Blue Cross
Vision coverage from Vision Benefits of America
Dental coverage from United Concordia
Extended Maternity Leave - 8 weeks pay at 100% with the option of 2 more weeks paid at 100% or 4 weeks paid at 50%
Paternity Leave - 2 weeks pay at 100% or 4 weeks pay at 50%
Company provided 401K match of 100% of the employee's 6% contribution
Tuition Reimbursement of 80% of tuition costs capped at $6,300 per year
Pet Plan Insurance
Duties related to the maintenance and operation of Mobile LNG equipment, truck transfer and send out system equipment in accordance with current practices and regulations. To maintain logs of operation and maintenance activity consistent with all applicable codes and company polices.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Operating all plant systems in a safe manner with maximum efficiency under varying conditions, in accordance with 49 CFR 193, NFPA 59A, NFPA 10, company standards and policies.
• Perform preventive, routine and normal maintenance of all equipment at established intervals.
• Perform abnormal and/ or heavy maintenance to minimize downtime. Troubleshoot and correct plant system abnormalities.
• On-call required on 24-hour basis to handle plant abnormalities. Rotation TBD
• Fill out all alarm, operating and maintenance activity logs on a daily basis when Mobile assets are operating. Maintain the Mobile LNG tools and spare parts to facilitate a productive work environment.
• Maintain and calibrate all pneumatic and electronic instrumentation as required.
• Travel will be required in this position up to 100% during the winter peaking season.
• During off peak periods, Mobile LNG techs will support other LNG & LPG plant operations and maintenance at various locations.
• Be able to lead and facilitate in the startup and commissioning of Mobile and/or LNG plants.
• Be able to lead and facilitate with the writing of plant operating and maintenance procedures.
• Completion of GTI/LNG initial training, fit for duty physical, attend fire school, first air/CPR class and site specific operator qualifications.
• This position is subject to DOT random drug and alcohol testing
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Industrial trade associated with valve maintenance and repair, reciprocating/screw compressors, PLC automation systems, electrical motors, low/medium voltage circuits.
• Ability to comprehend and execute all procedures from the facility’s operation manuals.
• Capable of interpreting electrical schematics, P&IDs, and process flow diagrams.
• Must be available to work weekends, holidays, and overtime, as required.
• Physical skills including mechanical dexterity, some heavy lifting will be required.
Education and Experience
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• A minimum of 2-5 years of related experience desired, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
UGI Energy Services, is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally protected class in its practices.