Eversource Energy LNG/LPG Supervisor in Lawrence, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! Role and Scope of Position:
Responsible for LNG Facility operation and maintenance that include ensuring that all training, operator qualification, operation and maintenance activities of the facility are performed in accordance with 49 CFR 193, NFPA 59A, and all state regulatory requirements are met. Responsible for filling in for shiftwork as needed, budget development /oversight, public and employee safety. Oversees the Gas Control and LNG Operations Center to assure a safe, reliable distribution and system operation.
- Provides overall supervision of the LNG/LPG facility operation and maintenance requirements.
- Ensures that LNG/LPG plant personnel are trained, and operator qualified to safely perform LNG/LPG functions as required by federal and state codes.
- Ensures that all plant operations and maintenance are conducted in accordance with all applicable codes and standards with an emphasis on public and employee safety.
- Works with Gas Control regarding plant operation and inventory management requirements including, but not limited to, vaporization requirements and trucking operations.
- Establishes and maintains close working relationships with public and local safety officials, all Eversource - Gas Operations and provides biweekly updates on all relevant LNG/LPG activity.
- Develops, prepares, and manages LOB capital, operations and maintenance budgets for LNG/LPG facility operations.
- Reviews and approves time and vehicle reports, purchase requisitions and invoices related to department activity, in adherence to Eversource policies. Schedules and monitors vehicle maintenance and repair.
- Must be available off-hours as the first to call, in the LNG leadership call tree for issues relating to assigned facility.
- Covers LNG shifts for training or vacation coverage as needed
- Oversees field activities, approves outages, issues clearance for work.
- Knowledge of basic thermodynamics, cryogenics, compressors, motors, pumps, refrigerant systems, valves, electronic instrumentation, maintenance scheduling and operator qualification process.
- Ability to use computer systems to run plant operations.
- Ability to function under stress in emergency situations, and demonstrated ability to analyze situations and make timely, sound decisions.
- Knowledge of NFPA 59 A and 49 CFR Part 193 and 192.
- Demonstrated abilityto speak to public organizations on technical matters regarding LNG/LPG PlantOperations.
- Demonstrated competency and proficiency in oral and written communications;
- Customer driven; displays initiative
Accepts responsibility; holds others accountable;
Participates in and facilitates team effectiveness;
Thinks and acts analytically;
- Makes sound decisions to support the mission;
- Applies knowledge and skill to solve problems and respond promptly, appropriately and constructively to employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in an applied science or equivalent experience may be considered
- Five plus years of related experience.
- Supervisory experience is also preferred.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- This position is categorized as safety-sensitive for the purpose of drug testing. Successful applicants shall be subject to a pre-assignment drug test if the individual is currently in a non-safety sensitive position. As an employee in this position the individual shall be subject to random drug testing. A positive drug test will result in disciplinary action.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Communicate priorities and goals (company, department, team)
- Show how employee’s work fits in
- Provide business updates, news
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty/integrity in communication and action
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
Manage and Develop People
- Set realistic performance objectives and expectations
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Recognize good performance
- Visit crews in the field
- Remove obstacles to day-to-day performance
- Provide tools, information, training
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between work groups/departments
- Encourage collaboration/peers helping peers
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Ask for employee input on work process/practice improvements and before implementing change that will affect them
- Encourage ideas
- Deliver effective, positive communications about change to your team
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully implement changes in priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that everyone on the team understands our customer promise and provides superior customer service
- Be a role model for the team on delivering superior customer service
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs