Duke Energy Lead Wind Technician in Lamesa, Texas
More than a career - a chance to make a difference in people's lives.
Build an exciting, rewarding career with us – help us make a difference for millions of people every day. Consider joining the Duke Energy team, where you'll find a friendly work environment, opportunities for growth and development, recognition for your work, and competitive pay and benefits.
This is the leadership level of the wind classification hierarchy. Employees at this level solve complex problems, manage work , and provide leadership to others in technical areas of specialization, with minimal supervision and increased latitude for unreviewed work. Incumbents function in lead roles providing guidance to others. They are also expected to have advanced skills and have the ability to work independently.
Internal-Minimum of 3 years of technical experience with Duke Energy as a Wind Technician. Must have Turbine Technician-1,2 and Electrical Operator-1,2.
External-Minimum of 6 years of related work experience. Must pass required JPMs within probationary period.
Maintenance of Wind Fleet• Leads crews of technicians to complete required duties• Interact directly with the customer, as directed by the manager• Train and mentor employees as directed by the manager• Perform operations, planned maintenance, and unplanned maintenance on sub-station equipment.• Perform turbine pad mounted Transformer switching in accordance with all Energy Isolation Procedures.• Troubleshooting warranty issues• Daily, weekly, monthly reporting needs• Diagnose and resolve faults on turbines as they relate to mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic problems• Small or large corrective tasks on wind turbines• Work as scheduled during the week and on call as needed or required by manager• Assist in mobilizing crews to complete work• Act as the backup to the active manager Compliance & Administrative Record Maintenance• EH&S Documentation• Complete necessary paperwork (work order, timesheet, tool and PPE inventory, and additional paperwork as necessary)Add 'l Support for Sites• Willing to travel and assist other Duke Energy Sustainable Solutions wind facilities when needed Assisting Management• Assist management (as needed) with vendor contractual obligations and activities, land owner agreements, and ensuring compliance with all applicable local, state and federal regulations
• High School/GED degree• In addition to required degree, 3 + years related work experience
• Associates degree in Technology• In addition to desired degree, 3 + years related work experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• Additional years of wind turbine experience is strongly preferred• Experience with multiple wind turbine equipment supplier technology• High voltage and sub-station maintenance experience• Familiarity with mechanical and electronic testing equipment (i.e. voltage testers, amp clamps, oscilloscopes, and various hand and power tools)• Knowledge of heavy equipment for facility maintenance and working knowledge of crane and rigging requirements
• Willing to travel and assist other Duke Energy Sustainable Solutions wind facilities when needed.• Willing to work at heights.• Willing to work in hot or cold weather
• Valid driver's license• Minimum of 3 years of technical experience with Duke Energy as a Wind Technician• The ability to climb turbine towers (up to 300ft) daily is a requirement of this position• Ability to complete lead wind technician job performance measures within the probationary period• Equipment Performance, Predictive Maintenance, Equipment Software, Electrical, Mechanical, Environmental, Health and Safety knowledge. At this level equipment specific JPMs will be required.• Must have reached the level 3 in the technician hierarchy or have equivalent work related experience
Relocation Assistance Provided (as applicable) Yes
Represented/Union Position No
Visa Sponsored Position No
Posting Expiration Date
Thursday, November 4, 2021
All job postings expire at 12:01 AM on the posting expiration date.
Please note that in order to be considered for this position, you must possess all of the basic/required qualifications.
We are one of the largest electric power holding companies in the United States, supplying and delivering electricity to approximately 7.4 million U.S. customers. We have approximately 52,700 megawatts of electric generating capacity in the Carolinas, the Midwest and Florida – and natural gas distribution services serving more than 1.5 million customers in Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee and the Carolinas. Our commercial and international businesses own and operate diverse power generation assets in North America and Latin America, including a portfolio of renewable energy assets.
Regardless of your skill set or specific interest, we're looking for the best and brightest talent in the industry. Our people make us great - and we're always looking for more. Find your career path today at Duke Energy, where it's more than a career - it's a chance to make a difference in people's lives.
Brighter opportunities. Brighter futures. Duke Energy values ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce, and we’re dedicated to providing a work environment where all people are valued, respected and able to reach their full potential. Duke Energy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, including but not limited to lactation, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military status, or protected veteran status. Duke Energy complies with all applicable state, federal and local laws, regulations and ordinances prohibiting discrimination.