Lakeland Electric Maintenance Coordinator - Instrument and Controls in Lakeland, Florida
This is a responsible staff position in coordinating the use of the plant maintenance work order system through the work force management coordinator at the power plant. An employee in this classification evaluates plans, prepares and reports on maintenance activities performed in conjunction with plant work orders, maintenance procedures and outage planning. General technical supervision is received from the work force management coordinator and work performance is reviewed through conferences and regular reports.
Example of Duties:
- Prepares maintenance procedures, estimate jobs and maintains files and logs.
- Receives work orders, reviews the task and prepares the work order with detailed information such as procedural action required, manpower by craft classification, materials needed and tools required to ensure optimization of the maintenance work force.
- Plans in detail all work of a non-emergency nature for which no maintenance procedure exists; estimates the man hours required to perform the work.
- Coordinates with warehouse personnel to ensure that tools and materials are pre-staged for work orders.
- Identifies and arranges ordering non-stock outage material.
- Prepares maintenance procedures for specific tasks.
- Maintains and utilizes information from maintenance history files, blueprint files, instruction manuals, maintenance procedures, special tool logs and American Society for Mechanical Engineers (ASME) files.
- Develops and updates outage task schedules.
- Directs work performed by contractors or City personnel on outage or other project related repairs or installations.
- Develops project initiations for review and approval by the Energy Supply Projects Coordinator.
- Plans work and purchases non-stock materials for work orders and projects.
Performs related work as required. Qualifications:
High school diploma from an accredited school or its equivalent.
- Two (2) years of experience in a power plant as a journey level mechanic, electrician, instrument technician, or electronic technician, plus a sound working knowledge of maintenance practices, power plant equipment and plant systems.
Required Documents: GED, High School Diploma, College Diploma or Unofficial Transcripts
- Must possess a valid state of Florida driver's license.
- Must maintain a valid telephone number.
- May be required to work overtime, or alternate hours, as necessary for the efficient operation of the department.
Position may be designated as Mission Critical by Department Director. Supplemental Information:
Extensive knowledge of work order systems, materials procurement activities, and work force management functions of a power plant.
- Thorough knowledge of safe work practices and safety rules in a power plant environment.
- Demonstrated analytical skills used in the planning and scheduling of work.
- Ability to read and prepare blueprints or drawings.
- Ability to learn computer operations and problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, other city employees and the general public.
- Requires sedentary work that involves walking or standing some of the time, exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a recurring basis, and routine keyboard operations.
- The job risks exposure to no significant environmental hazards.
- The job requires normal visual acuity, and field of vision, hearing, speaking, color perception, sense of smell, depth perception, and texture perception.
All City of Lakeland positions are subject to testing (e.g. written, oral, performance, computerized, interview, and/or any combination). Candidates selected for testing will be notified via email or telephone. Please check your e-mail and telephone messages regularly, including "junk" folders. Test times and locations to be announced.
THE CITY OF LAKELAND IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS EMPLOYER AND A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Job Title: Maintenance Coordinator - Instrument and Controls
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Salary: $32.05 - $38.44 Hourly $2,563.74 - $3,075.50 Biweekly $5,554.77 - $6,663.58 Monthly $66,657.28 - $79,962.99 Annually
Job Type: Full Time Regular UWUA
Location: City of Lakeland, Employment Services, 500 N. Lake Parker Avenue, Lakeland, Florida
Department: EP-Prod-Maint-Workforce Mgmt 2011267000