Lakeland Electric Event Staff Supervisor - RP Funding Center in Lakeland, Florida
The Event Staff Supervisor will supervise every aspect of their assigned events from the; occasionally hire, train, schedule and supervise all event staff, as well as oversee building and parking security and interact with local public safety officials to ensure events run smoothly; coordinate communication between event staff and delegate assignments; be responsible for and ensure overall customer and lessee satisfaction and experience. Example of Duties:
- Responsible for crowd management and crowd safety during events.
- Enforce all guest service policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the setup of public space areas within the facilities.
- Conduct pre-event staff briefings, security meetings.
- Receive and resolve guest issues, questions, suggestions and concerns.
- Assist with interviewing, hiring and training guest service team members.
- Conduct team member corrective action reports and outstanding action reports.
- Produce event information sheets for team members and post event reports and distribute to appropriate departments.
- Insure all department equipment is maintained and operative.
- Appropriately handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
Perform all other duties assigned. ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide leadership for event personnel.
- Analyze challenges, identify alternative solutions, and project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of organizational objectives.
- Create work schedules for event, parking and security staff, delegate assignments and review performance and results.
- Ensure facility is cleaned prior to, during and after all events to maintain building appearance and increase customer satisfaction.
Communicate with municipal officials, including police, fire and medical services, event staff and public to ensure security of patrons and events run smoothly. Qualifications:
High school diploma from an accredited school or its equivalent.
- Must have at least two (2) years of computer experience and experience in general office and clerical duties.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must have two (2) years of experience as a supervisor.
- Must have Industry experience of events related to concerts, trade shows, meetings and Broadway musicals.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provide the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities and other competencies necessary for success in the target position.
Required Documents: GED, High School Diploma, College Diploma or Unofficial Transcripts
- Must possess a valid state of Florida driver's license.
- Must maintain a valid telephone number.
- Work a flexible schedule, including long nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays as needed.
May be required to work alternate hours, as necessary for the efficient operation of the department. Supplemental Information:
Thorough knowledge of city building policies and procedures as well as event requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of safety rules and regulations.
- Skilled in effectively supervising employees with varying degrees of skill.
- Ability to plan, service and supervise large event.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with lessees, employees, municipal officials, service contractors and patrons/public.
Ability to understand and fulfill oral and written instructions. WORKING ENVIRONMENT/CONDITIONS:
Involves walking, standing, stooping, reaching, stretching and exerting up to 20 pounds of force on a recurring basis, routine keyboard operations.
- The job risks exposure to loud music, pyrotechnics, and extensive hours during peak season; no significant environmental hazards; bright/dim light.
- The job requires normal visual acuity, and field of vision, hearing, speaking, color perception, sense of smell, depth perception, and texture perception.
All City of Lakeland positions are subject to testing (e.g. written, oral, performance, computerized, interview, and/or any combination). Candidates selected for testing will be notified via email or telephone. Please check your e-mail and telephone messages regularly, including "junk" folders. Test times and locations to be announced.
THE CITY OF LAKELAND IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS EMPLOYER AND A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Job Title: Event Staff Supervisor - RP Funding Center
Closing Date/Time: Mon. 05/21/18 4:00 PM Eastern Time
Salary: $14.74 - $22.86 Hourly $1,178.88 - $1,828.83 Biweekly $2,554.24 - $3,962.46 Monthly $30,650.84 - $47,549.52 Annually
Job Type: Full Time Regular
Location: City of Lakeland, Employment Services, 500 N. Lake Parker Avenue, Lakeland, Florida
Department: RP Funding Center 05