Lakeland Electric Emergency Medical Technician in Lakeland, Florida
An employee in this classification is responsible for administering first aid to guests of the RP Funding Center. Work involves administering emergency and basic first aid to guests or employees, maintaining safety standards, utilizing skilled knowledge of emergency policies and procedures, maintaining records of incidents/accidents, monitoring building/guests for safety standards, giving directions, adhering to building policies/procedures and specific event requirements, handling customer questions and complaints. Work is carried out through verbal and/or written instructions and reports directly to the Emergency Services Supervisor, Team Leader and the Event Services Manager.
This is a part time temporary position.
Example of Duties:
- Responsible for inspection of facility prior to and during event for unsafe building or guest situations.
- Responsible for administering emergency first aid to guests or employees at the RP Funding Center as required. Must be proficient in the use of all associated emergency equipment.
- Responsible for ensuring that first aid signing sheets, time cards and event paperwork are accurate and complete.
- Responsible for accurate completion of all medical emergency/accident reports during work shift. Ensuring that they are turned in to appropriate management staff upon completion of shift.
- Handles problems and complaints in a calm, professional, courteous, and timely manner. Directs others to appropriate supervisors.
- Provides special direction of information to guests in regard to handicapped seating, procedures for lost and found articles, restore locations and specific event information as instructed.
- Keeps railings, walls, aisles, stairs and other areas free of congestion.
- Monitors crowd for adherence to building policy standards, i.e. smoking, cameras, food/beverage policies and specific event requirements.
- Monitors facility for accidents and unsafe conditions and reports same to the appropriate personnel immediately.
- Monitors ticketed/non-ticketed events and performs duties as event requirements dictate.
- Expected to follow the established dress and behavior codes.
- Expected to attend event staff meetings, supervisory meetings, prevent meetings and training classes to keep up to date on building policies and procedures as required.
Required to perform other duties and job classifications for the RP Funding Center as special and emergency situations or event requirement dictates. Qualifications:
High school diploma.
- Completion of certification for EMT or Paramedic licensing.
Required Documents: GED, High School Diploma, College Diploma or Unofficial Transcripts, and valid EMT or Paramedic license
- Ability to read and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Thorough knowledge of emergency medical procedures and the use of all medical equipment and supplies, building policies and event requirements.
- Knowledge of basic math skills.
- Ability to interact with fellow employees and the general public in a positive and professional manner.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and climb stairs to inspect and handle problems, inspect the facility and handle emergency situations.
- Ability to lift heavy objects or injured guests as circumstances dictate.
- Ability to stay alert and observant of surroundings in order to prevent accidents and safety problems.
- Ability to handle stressful or emergency situations for guests and personal safety.
- Available to work irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Requires heavy work that involves constantly lifting, pushing, or raising objects, and exerting 50 to 75 pounds on a recurring basis and exerting 100 pounds of force on a frequent basis.
- The job risks exposure to the following environmental hazards: Bright/dim light, dusts and pollen, extreme heat and/or cold, wet or humid conditions, extreme noise levels, fumes and/or noxious odors, traffic, moving machinery, electrical shock, heights, disease/pathogens, toxic/caustic chemicals, explosives, and violence.
- The job requires normal visual acuity, and field of vision, hearing, speaking, color perception, sense of taste, sense of smell, depth perception, and texture perception.
All City of Lakeland positions are subject to testing (e.g. written, oral, performance, computerized, interview, and/or any combination). Candidates selected for testing will be notified via email or telephone. Please check your e-mail and telephone messages regularly, including "junk" folders. Test times and locations to be announced.
THE CITY OF LAKELAND IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS EMPLOYER AND A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Job Title: Emergency Medical Technician
Closing Date/Time: Fri. 11/30/18 4:00 PM Eastern Time
Salary: $16.00 - $18.00 Hourly
Job Type: Part Time Temporary
Location: City of Lakeland, Employment Services, 500 N. Lake Parker Avenue, Lakeland, Florida
Department: RP Funding Center 05