Lakeland Electric CADD-GIS Supervisor Water in Lakeland, Florida
This is advanced technical and supervisory work managing the CADD/GIS functions of the Water Utilities Department. Position advises and participates in Water Utilities programs, projects and services with architects, engineers, contractors, property owners, and customers. Responsibilities include maintaining the City's Water and Wastewater GIS and other Water Utilities modeling databases, maintaining the drafting standards for Water Utilities Engineering and advocating QA/QC systems changes or updates. Supervises, mentors, and trains subordinates. Example of Duties:
- Expert user of Arc Map, Micro Station and AutoCAD on a daily basis.
- Assists in the planning and design of complex water utilities facilities within established guidelines.
- Maintains Database for GIS.
- Maintains Water Utilities modeling databases.
- Responsible for the Water Utilities Department's as-built records.
- Supervises trains and develops subordinate employees in the performance of their assignments.
- Recommends policy changes to provide more cost efficient service.
- Runs computer programs associated with work assignments.
- Maintains the drafting standards for Water Utilities Engineering.
- Provides technical assistance as needed.
- Maintains electronic and physical drawing filing system.
Provides complete, accurate, and error-free drawings, maps, technical memorandums and reports. ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs related work as required. Qualifications:
BS degree in Engineering or a related field.
- Six (6) years related experience to include three (3) years supervisory.
- Classes in Computer Aided Design, Trigonometry, Calculus or Applied Calculus, and Surveying are required within the first two (2) years of employment if not completed previously.
- Formal classes that cover civil, electrical, mechanical, and architectural drafting are required within five (5) years of employment if not completed previously.
- Certification by the Florida Association of Cadastral Mappers as a Certified Cadastral Mapper is preferred. If not certified, must become certified within five (5) years of employment.
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provide the knowledge, skills, abilities and other competencies necessary for success in the target position may be considered.
Required Documents: College Diploma or Unofficial Transcript and Resume
- May be required to pass and maintain qualification for:
- Respiratory Physical
- Pulmonary Function
- Qualitative and Quantitative Fit Test
- May be required to maintain asbestos certification.
- Must maintain City driving privileges and must possess and maintain a valid state of Florida driver's license.
- Must possess and maintain a valid telephone number as a condition of employment.
- Must be able to attend meetings at locations other than the primary work location
- May be required to work overtime, or alternate hours, as necessary for the efficient operation of the department.
Position may be designated as Mission Critical by Department Director. Supplemental Information:
Extensive knowledge of practices, procedures, standards and methods used in office and engineering work in conjunction with water utilities system design or application.
- Extensive knowledge of the materials and equipment used in water utilities system construction, operation, and maintenance.
- Extensive knowledge of surveying and the use and care of survey equipment, and the various coordinate systems used in Florida.
- Extensive knowledge of computer-aided engineering drafting using Microstation and AutoCAD, and the basis of Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, and Architectural Drafting, and able to provide drawing in two and three dimensional representations.
- Ability to provide artist renderings of proposed structures and facilities.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable technical and safety codes.
- Considerable knowledge of engineering theory and methods of pipeline, utility plants and building construction.
- Knowledge of routine budgetary and accounting practices and procedures.
- Ability to read, interpret and prepare technical specifications and reports
- Ability to read, interpret, sketch, and write legal descriptions of real property using meets and bounds descriptions.
- Ability to perform engineering calculations required in performing day-to-day duties.
- Ability to work with outside engineers, architects, contractors and manufacturers' representatives.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to direct the work activities of subordinate employees.
Ability to mentor and provide training to technical staff of lower level. WORKING ENVIRONMENT/CONDITIONS:
Requires sedentary work that involves walking or standing some of the time, exerting up to 50 pounds of force on a recurring basis, routine keyboard operations and may require some manual labor activities including climbing and survey work.
- The job risks exposure to extreme noise levels, dusts, pollen, bright/dim light, extreme cold and/or heat, wet or humid conditions, fumes, noxious odors, chemicals, sewage, confined spaces and heights.
- The job requires normal visual acuity, and field of vision, hearing, speaking, color perception, sense of smell, depth perception, and texture perception.
All City of Lakeland positions are subject to testing (e.g. written, oral, performance, computerized, interview, and/or any combination). Candidates selected for testing will be notified via email or telephone. Please check your e-mail and telephone messages regularly, including "junk" folders. Test times and locations to be announced.
THE CITY OF LAKELAND IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS EMPLOYER AND A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Job Title: CADD-GIS Supervisor Water
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Salary: $28.47 - $44.17 Hourly $2,277.85 - $3,533.69 Biweekly $4,935.34 - $7,656.33 Monthly $59,224.03 - $91,875.92 Annually
Job Type: Full Time Regular
Location: City of Lakeland, Civil Service, 500 N. Lake Parker Avenue, Lakeland, Florida
Department: Water Utilities 15