MasTec Utility Services Designer I in Lake Mary, Florida
MasTec North America, Inc. is a leading national infrastructure construction company operating throughout the United States. MasTec – Utility Services' activities include the installation, maintenance and upgrade of communication and utility infrastructure, including but not limited to: communications, electrical and natural gas distribution infrastructure.
At MasTec you’ll be joining a family, where we are dedicated to supporting each other and building an atmosphere of teamwork. As part of our team, your opportunities are limitless.
In addition to the valuable skills gained through training and on-the-job experience, MasTec offers competitive pay, including medical, vision and dental coverage, 401K and employee stock discounts.
MasTec Utility Services Group is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service! Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Designer I is typically the entry level design position within the company, responsible for effectively completing drawing/design assignments while gaining knowledge of engineering calculations, computer modeling, and design guidelines. This position works under close supervision by more senior designers and engineers.
• Draft and prepare routine layouts based on construction standards and published design criteria, with oversight of a more senior Designer or Engineer.
• Create designs based on verbal and written instruction provided by more senior Designers or Engineers.
• Demonstrate expanding knowledge of engineering and design procedures, standards, and tools.
• Adhere to corporate site design standards.
• Field visits to determine site constraints for design
• Drafting permit documents for construction of design
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology.
• Must have a basic knowledge of structural components and design methods.
• Must be familiar with proper engineering layout techniques.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to develop and produce structural modification drawings and be accurate and detail oriented.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Familiarity with detailed permitting.
• Familiarity with NERC & NESC guidelines
• Experience in the Power Distribution industry.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and copiers/scanners. This position is a sedentary position, with some filing or lifting required. Must be able to bend and lift and carry up to 20 pounds. There is a field component to this work that will require long distance driving, overnight stays, and walking.
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec's policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Title: Designer I
Location: FL-Lake Mary
Requisition ID: 28485