MasTec Advanced Technologies Home Security Installation Technician in Knoxville, Tennessee
MasTec Advanced Technologies, a division of MasTec, Inc. - as seen on “Undercover Boss,” is one of the country's largest providers of installation services. The Security and Home Automation team at MasTec Advanced Technologies installs residential home security and personalizes home automation on behalf of AT&T’s Digital Life and Vivint. This group has had rapid expansion across the United States with 150% growth in the last year.
/ What do Field Technicians do? /
Our Home Automation Pros (Field Technicians) are responsible for designing, installing, upgrading and repairing home security systems along with other home automation devices. Field Technicians use communication, technical knowledge, problem solving, and sales skills to deliver the highest level of customer service.
At MasTec, our most successful techs have these four things in common:
/ Customer service-driven: /
- They are friendly, approachable and comfortable meeting new people and can talk to just about anyone
- They have solid communication skills
- They are “likeable experts” who deliver a good service experience for customers
- They are able to ask questions and deliver solutions based on the customer’s answers
- They are comfortable selling additional products and services to a customer
- They won’t leave a customer’s house until they’ve fully educated the customer on their system.
/ Tech-savvy: /
- They have the know-how and persistence to troubleshoot technical system issues
- They like to learn new technologies
- They’ll ensure a quality connection
- They know their way around a smart phone
- Are comfortable working with customer’s Wi-Fi network and Z Wave devices
- They stay up to date on the newest technology
/ Self-motivated: /
- They have an entrepreneurial mindset and enjoy having control over their rate of pay
- They represent our client and MasTec with integrity, professionalism and friendly service
- They’re at their best when working independently with little supervision.
- They take advantage of multiple resources to find solutions when they run into problems
/ They are hands-on: /
- Works in a safety conscious manner; ensuring they get home safely each day
- They enjoy the variety of assignments from site surveys to equipment installation to troubleshooting
- Must be willing to work with ladders and power tools.
- They are good at planning, managing and reconciling the inventory that has been assigned to them
/ What’s in it for you? // /
- Paid Training
- Competitive wages
- High-quality tools to get you started
- Uniform, van and gas card
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) with a company match that’s 100% vested (that’s free money)
- Paid time off
- Highly independent work environment and uncapped income potential
80% of our Managers started as Techs
Essential Responsibilities /(a.k.a. A day in the life of a MasTec Field Technician)/:
Responsible for working safely
- Prepare for installations, upgrades, repairs and disconnects by reviewing work orders, gathering equipment, supplies and tools and coordinating schedules with customers by pre-calling customers to verify appointments
- Manage inventory
- Plan installations by evaluating location, locating access and laying-out equipment and wiring plan.
- Establish security systems by installing equipment, programming and calibrating equipment while adhering to codes, regulations and standards.
- Conducts customer premise survey, makes recommendations on equipment placement, up-sells for complete protection, processes work order modifications and manages schedule impacts.
- Ensure that “World Class” customer service is provided to promote superior customer satisfaction by actively participating in individual and team efforts to support customer satisfaction.
/ Does this sound like you? / If so, we invite you to apply to MasTec today. Here, we work hard to set you up for success. Come join a leader in the industry today!
High school diploma or equivalent required (Technical school training is a plus)
Licensed per state and local requirements for Security/Burglar Alarm and Fire Alarm (as required)
Minimum of one (1) year performing residential security & alarm installation and service is highly preferred
Candidates with the following qualifications/experience may be considered on a case-by-case basis: completed a technical school program, received certification in security/surveillance, experience as an electrician’s helper or equivalent, 3 years of residential construction experience, and 1 year of experience installing TV/phone/internet.
MasTec Advanced Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Title: Home Security Installation Technician
Requisition ID: 18363