Iberdrola USA Customer Representative (NYSEG 63255) Kirkwood NY in Kirkwood, New York
Business and Department
NYSEG-NY-Kirkwood JACC Binghamton,NY
Customer Service Representative Job Title Customer Service Representative
I. Accountability: Under general supervision is responsible for all office clerical duties including but not limited to: resolving inquiries, requests, and complaints from customers, outside agencies and other departments and gathering, reviewing, preparing and maintaining all customer and related records.
- Communicate with customers, employees, contractors and others by telephone, letter or personal interview using language that is clear, organized, and to the point in order to: a) Take requests for new or additional gas and electric services, determine customers' financial responsibility, deposit required and billing rate. Prepares meter and service orders and obtains access to meters. b) Explains company rates, regulations, policies, procedures, equipment and common practices in terms customers understand. Investigates and issues High Bill Investigation and trouble order forms. c) Handles payment and other credit arrangements such as obtaining deposits, financial statements and payment agreements. Refer customers to social service agencies and other internal or external programs.
- Maintains customer service billing and accounting records and prepares related reports.
- May be required to travel within the division or within 30 miles of reporting headquarters to substitute for an absent Customer Representative or assist as needed.
- In Branch offices, prepares operating reports, maintains records, guides, assigns and reviews the work of others.
- Operates office equipment as required.
- May operate two way radio.6. Does other related or less skilled work as required.
Must have demonstrated the ability to handle difficult situations and meet the public in a pleasant and tactful manner.
A. Resolving customer inquires and complaints concerning bills, service and company practices. B. Determining customers' financial responsibility, amount of deposit and billing rate in order to complete payment agreements. C. Acquiring a thorough knowledge of customer accounting and service work, and regulatory requirements.
Regularly works under average office conditions, occasional travel to and from various offices.
Physical and Personal Qualifications
A. Must possess appropriate license. B. Must have established reputation for being trustworthy and be qualified to secure a Fidelity Bond. C. Must meet the General Requirements for an employees as outlined in the Preamble to the Job Specification Manual.
AVANGRID is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. AVANGRID shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company is committed to a policy in all of its employment practices of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability, religion, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or other protected status. If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply to positions, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 833-246-6347 or by emailing us at email@example.com.
Location: Kirkwood, NYDuties:
Publication date: 08.08.2018