UNS Energy Corporation Director, Mohave Electric in Kingman, Arizona
Dir, Mohave Electric
Business Reporting Unit:
UNSE Mohave Electric Admin
Executive/Sr Level Officials
EEOC Job Group:
Does this position involve transmission and/or marketing funcions?– TRM, MKT, or N/A
CIP status– Cyber, Physical, Both or Neither (Select one)
Last Business Unit Review:
_Position Description:_ This position is responsible for overall leadership and management of the electric operations in Kingman and Lake Havasu City. As part of the UEE Leadership team the Director of UEE Mohave will be responsible for leading our efforts in Mohave County to improve the quality of life in our communities and be our customers’ first-choice energy partner. The Director will lead our local efforts to strengthen our culture of safety, trust and integrity, inclusion and collaboration, learning, innovation and accountability. This position will serve as the primary local representative of the company to the Local Governments and Community Organizations. The Director will be focused on providing our employees a safe, productive and satisfying work environment and will assure our customers are provided safe reliable service at a reasonable rate.
The Director leads a team of Supervisors and Managers in the strategic planning, operational performance, safety performance, workforce development, resource and work planning across the company. Ensures compliance with financial, operational, safety and regulatory requirements. Provides professional leadership development, workforce planning and coaching to ensure long-term success of the team and company.
- Provide a safe and productive work environment for all employees. Assures adherence to safe work practices, UEE Standards and operating procedures OSHA, NESC, NEC, Federal Motor Carrier Reg, and other fed, state and local codes and regulations.
- Interact with community and governmental leaders, regulatory agencies and customers, to foster a customer focused relationship
- Demonstrates behaviors that support leadership commitment to excellence. Leads by example in the use of new technology, communicates strategies and plans, stays attuned to the morale and wellbeing of the team.
- Review and approve various contracts with vendors, engineering and construction consultants, approve expenditures for vendor provided services.
- Identifies, plans and implements long and short term strategic changes to assigned work groups.
- Evaluates and recommends the selection, development, assignment, performance and compensation of team members. Assures adequate training for team supervisors in terms of technical capability and supervisory skills.
- Develops and manages team budgets which support the cost-effective implementation of departmental and UEE strategies, tactics and operating plans.
- Facilitates project prioritization and resource allocation. Provides and oversees project management ensuring timeliness, financial responsibility and required functionality.
- Provides information to senior leadership that will help them develop and implement effective and successful Business and Operating Plans, utilizing technology and creativity to meet goals and objectives.
- This position may provide services to affiliates of the Company subject to the UNS Energy Code of Conduct and the related Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure that the Company’s management principles, policies and programs are consistently practiced and continually support the Affirmative Action Plan.
- Assume fiduciary responsibility for operating the business and provide recommendations on cost improvement measures
- Ensure that the Performance Management program is administered uniformly and effectively.
- Comply with and administer the terms and conditions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement when applicable.
- Administers personnel functions, including recruiting, review and approval of job descriptions and salary classifications, and selection and placement of personnel. Participates in hiring, termination, promoting, assignment and direction of staff. Ensure compliance with all applicable local, state and federal laws, regulations and standards, company policies, practices and ethical obligations to investigate, evaluate and recommend appropriate resolution to employee complaints.
- Promotes and participates in the professional development, personal growth and career planning of staff. Motivate, recognize and reward, coach, counsel, train; provide feedback to employees. Participates in Leadership Development programs.
- Addresses disciplinary and/or performance issues, according to company policy, and communicates effectively with employees regarding corrective action. Has input into the adjustment of grievances and administration of discipline.
- Plans day-to-day operations, estimates personnel needs and schedules and assigns work. Evaluate the structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
- 10 years of relevant experience with a regulated utility. An equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
- 10 years of demonstrated experience dealing with customers and government officials
- Knowledgeable about labor agreements, local, state, and federal codes, ordinances and laws relating to the utility industry.
- Demonstrated ability and knowledge to effectively understand and manage O & M and Capital budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups across functional lines. Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Must interact well with community and governmental leaders to promote company image and deal with politically sensitive issues.
All employees are expected and required to adhere to the Company Code of Ethics and Principles of Conduct.
Salary Zone: 15
Last HR Review Date: 4/23/19
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Company: UniSource Energy Electric
Location: Kingman, AZ
Job Category: Energy Services
Position Type: Executive