UGI Corporation AR Analyst - Centralized Billing in King Of Prussia, United States
When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of something BIG! Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nations premiere propane company, serving over 1.5 million residential, commercial, industrial and motor fuel propane customers. Together, over 6,500 dedicated professionals will deliver over 1 billion gallons of propane from 1,800+ distribution points across the United States.
Job Summary (Purpose):
The AR Analyst – Centralized Billing is responsible for the analysis of centrally billed National Account and ACE customers to ensure proper and timely billing of all activity. The Analyst also identifies reconciling items and invoicing issues for specific accounts and develops procedures to identify issues, recommend solutions, solve problems and document processes.
• Detail oriented with excellent problem solving and investigative skills
• Proven ability to reconcile and balance customer accounts
• Self-Motivated. Ability to achieve results with minimal supervision
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Understand the billing and setup of each account to ensure proper and timely billing of customer’s activity and collection of payments
• Manage A/R for assigned accounts through account analysis, customer calls and account research
• Reconcile accounts, research unapplied cash, short pays, charge-backs and collect outstanding balances. Prepare account analysis for delinquent accounts
• Identify reconciliation items and ensure proper and timely resolution
• Identify trends and report findings to management. Correct errors and communicate findings to field, National Accounts and ACE staff to ensure issues do not continue to occur.
• Prepare monthly journal entries and assist in month and year end closing
• Make recommendations on improving procedures for GL account reconciliation and billing processes
• Build effective working relationships with key customer contacts - both internal and external
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite with strong emphasis on MS Excel skills
• Ability to work closely with customers, both internal and external, to resolve outstanding items
• Possesses strong organizational and priority-setting skills
• Ability to communicate billing concepts and departmental practices clearly and concisely
• Strong analytical/problem solving skills and attention to detail
• SAP knowledge a plus
Education and Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or related field
• 0 – 2 years of related experience
AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected class in its practices.
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be willing to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background check. Successful applicants shall be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment, and if hired, shall be subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with AmeriGas policies. As a federal contractor that engages in safety-sensitive work, AmeriGas cannot permit employees in certain positions to use medical marijuana, even if prescribed by an authorized physician. Similarly, applicants for such positions who are actively using medical marijuana may be denied hire on that basis.