UGI Corporation ACE Maintenance Tech in Kendallville, Indiana
When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of something BIG! Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nations premiere propane company, serving over 1.5 million residential, commercial, industrial and motor fuel propane customers. Together, over 6,500 dedicated professionals will deliver over 1 billion gallons of propane from 1,800+ distribution points across the United States.
Are you looking for an exciting career with a nationally known company and industry leader? AmeriGas Propane, the largest distributor of propane in the United States, is searching for an energetic and mechanically inclined person to join us as a Maintenance Technician for our ACE business.
At AmeriGas, our employees are the keys to our success and we are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package in addition to excellent starting pay:
• Exceptional medical, dental and prescription benefits
• 401(K) with company match
• Generous bonus potential
• Paid time off (including holidays)
• Paid Training
• Annual performance reviews and salary increases
• Propane discounts
• Career advancement
• Tuition reimbursement
The ACE Maintenance Technician is responsible for inspecting, maintaining and repairing devices, machines and equipment as well as preventive maintenance of all ACE equipment. This position is responsible to ensure the building structures, fixtures and other company related services are operating smoothly and efficiently.
Techs are also responsible for proper documentation of all work performed and to be involved as required in the day-to-day production. Tech may train employees on the handling of equipment. Travel may be required as needed, depending on the location. All AmeriGas employees are required to model a commitment to safety through his/her own day-to-day behavior and follow company safety procedures and policies.
• Industrial preventive maintenance practices
• Industrial repair/general maintenance experience
• Industrial 3 phase experience
• Electric, pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical troubleshooting skills
• PLC troubleshooting and problem solving
• Basic welding experience
• Experience with Microsoft Office programs like Word & Excel
• Basic Carpentry experience
• 1 year of industrial maintenance experience
• Plumbing, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical experience
• Must possess workable computer skills such as typing, and working with web based programs
• Ability to work with a team, but also be self-motivated to complete tasks independently
AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected class in its practices.
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be willing to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background check. Successful applicants shall be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment, and if hired, shall be subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with AmeriGas policies. As a federal contractor that engages in safety-sensitive work, AmeriGas cannot permit employees in certain positions to use medical marijuana, even if prescribed by an authorized physician. Similarly, applicants for such positions who are actively using medical marijuana may be denied hire on that basis.