Eversource Energy Senior Engineering Designer, Electrical Projects in Keene, New Hampshire
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)The incumbent in this role will plan, coordinate and monitor performance of project design activities for Distribution Engineering. You will be directly responsible for the design of multiple and/or large complex overhead and underground electric distribution projects. Design projects include line relocations to facilitate state and municipal roadway relocations and bridge reconstruction, third party attachment and build out, reliability and obsolescence improvements and replacements and yearly capital plan and programming. You will act as an official company representative to internal work forces and external contractors engaged in the construction of distribution facilities in addition to being responsible for project budget. You will also act as a backup to the Field Supervisor of Electrical Design as required.
- Responsible for project design including material coordination, local, state and environmental permitting, rights, easements and petitions.
- Interfaces with appropriate departments to ensure the proper design and efficient construction of distribution projects.
- Establishes a course of action for self and/or others to accomplish goals.
- Serves as liaison with internal and external customers (i.e., company employees, customers, town/city and state officials); anticipates customer needs; gives high priority to customer satisfaction; communicates Eversource’s requirements for electric service installation.
- Recommends changes to construction methods, standards, and the electric system.
- Designs layouts for Electric Reliability, Underground Network, System Automation, Target Equipment, Voltage Conversions, State Highway and Municipal projects, service additions and changes to the Company electric system using Company approved standards and policies. Performs technical calculations and prepares work orders as assigned.
- May assist with training and mentoring Designers at all levels.
- Occasionally acts on behalf of the Field Design Supervisor in their absence or as needed; may review/approve work fromdesigners/technicians.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of applicable safety regulations and codes (National Electric Safety Code) and design construction standards and regulations
- Working Knowledge of construction methods and procedures. Knowledge of energy delivery power systems.
- The ability to supervise, coach and motivate others
- The ability to learn and utilize available information technologies
- Has achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skills/knowledge in job-related areas
- Keep abreast of current trends and develops in area(s) of expertise
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of National Electric Code and National Electrical Safety Code.
- Five (5) to eight (8) years of related experience.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must hold a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Position requires work in an office environment, at customer locations, on construction sites and in the field opening various electrical equipment.
- Requires the use of company provided PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs