Eversource Energy Associate Engineer in Keene, New Hampshire
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! Please use description from recent field engineering hires.
Job Description Summary:
This field engineering position located in the Keene Area Work Center and will support the NH Western Region. Individual will identify, plan, and prioritize system additions and reinforcements needed to meet reliability, power quality, and system load growth needs. This will include distribution system modeling, addressing voltage complaints, monitoring system loading, providing technical support to field initiatives like distributed automation expansion, reliability enhancement programs, and responding to system field engineering issues as they arise.
- Need to be able to work in a team environment with other engineers, craft workers, customers, contractors, and supervisors.
- Must have strong communication skills. Strong written and verbal communication are key in in our work group.
- Identify improvements and upgrades needed on the distribution system in the Western Region.
- Review various reliability and system reports and propose appropriate corrective actions when required.
- Investigate and address customer voltage concerns.
- Provide engineering support to Field Engineering Designers related to proper fusing, equipment sizing, and specifications.
- Understand and follow the Company safety rules. Ensure that safe work practices are followed by others and take responsibility for the safety of self, other workers (internal and external), and customers. Considers safety in all aspects of assigned work.
- Provide support during storm restoration events. All Eversource employees have emergency assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Electrical preferred).
- This is an entry level position. We are looking for someone with 0 to 3 years of experience. Familiarity with electric distribution system engineering, electric power distribution system construction, operation, and maintenance is preferred.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs