Spire Energy Project Engineer III in Kansas City, Missouri
Project Engineer III
Apply now »
Date: Nov 23, 2023
Location: Kansas City, MO, US, 64129
Company: Spire Inc.
At Spire, we believe energy exists to help people. To enrich their lives, grow their businesses, advance their communities. It’s a simple idea, but one that’s at the heart of everything we do. We are committed to understanding the needs of the homes and businesses we serve. That's why we're always looking for driven, collaborative people to join our team. Because we believe that offering our customers the best service means bringing together the best people.
And we find the best by hiring those who share our values of drive, safety, inclusion and integrity, and demonstrate our four essential behaviors that bring the Spire vision, mission and culture to life:
We make it happen: We are a company of go-getters, acting on every opportunity to help our company advance
We collaborate: We put teamwork first, bringing in everyone’s ideas, because our collective energy makes us stronger
We seek out perspective: We challenge ourselves to be open to different ways of doing things, because learning from each other leads to breakthroughs
We care: We treat people how we want to be treated, listening closely and doing what’s right, even when it’s hard
By living our values and behaviors every day, we strive to create an environment where every employee feels welcome, respected and valued.
This position will be responsible for managing gas pipeline and/or gas supply projects including planning, designing, budgeting, permitting, scheduling, constructing, and overall project management. The employee may oversee multiple projects and will also be responsible for overseeing contractors, safety, environmental, ROW, compliance and long- range planning for their projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
Process & Gas Operations Facilities
• Performs engineering analysis and developing metering & regulating designs for large-load end customers, transmission pipelines, LNG & storage.
• Performs design metering and regulating facilities for large industrial and commercial customers and maintains a productive relationship with Marketing representatives.
• Provides engineering assistance if required for district regulator installation and for design/maintenance of SCADA systems, process controls, facilities automation, remote communication technology, etc. Implements designs complying with national/local code requirements.
• Assisting with developing of project cost estimates through design, simulation, PFDs, equipment type specification and initial sizing, P&ID development, and labor for RNG, LNG storage and pressure regulation engineering projects.
• Manages specific capital and maintenance projects including financial planning, scheduling, equipment specification and procurement, contractor interfacing, development of construction and operating drawings and project documentation.
• Support the commissioning of newly metering and regulation facilities when required.
• Performs engineering design for HDD bores, hydrotesting, route selection, material & equipment selection, and cost studies.
• Assists with defining the scope, schedule and budget for the design and installation of large distribution and transmission pipeline projects.
• Receives and reviews the design deliverables by a third-party engineering firm against the project budget and schedule.
• Collaborates with internal and external ROW, environmental, and regulatory agents to support survey, geotechnical investigations, permitting, and land acquisition.
• Provide engineering support during construction activities when required.
• Support the commissioning of newly installed pipeline facilities when required.
• Ensures effective utilization of the Company’s Geographical Information System (GIS) and asset management system to manage all capital construction design work
• Ensures the use of the Company’s standards and applicable State and Federal codes and regulations for all design work
• Ensures that all work is performed in a safe, compliant, and cost-effective manner to maximize system integrity, reliability, and value to customers
• Assists special projects as required.
• All other duties as assigned.
Essential Characteristics and Competencies
Required Education (certifications, licenses)
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering from ABET accredited school required.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) or other accreditations, such as PMI-PBA, PMI-ACP, Lean Six Sigma, etc. preferred.
• Professional Engineering License preferred
Required knowledge, skill and abilities
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in pipeline, pressure regulation, storage, LNG, and/or project management.
• Experience managing multiple high-profile projects with varying degrees of risk in a fast-paced environment
• Knowledge of project management techniques and proven ability to lead a cross functional teams / work across functional areas to achieve mutual goals
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with both internal peers, staff of acquired entities and third-party service providers
• Strong computer skills, including proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite and use of Spire’s systems such as Maximo, OBIEE, Oracle, Sharepoint, and Asana.
• Strong understanding of industry standards and regulatory code pertinent to pipelines and natural gas operations including CFR Part 192, 193, and 195.
Physical demands, environment and schedule
• Work is normally performed in a shared, open-office environment. Hybrid in- office/ remote work schedule.
• Work hours are typically 7:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday through Friday
• An additional 20 hours may be required per month to complete necessary work in the areas of responsibility that fall under this position
• Overnight travel is required to visit various work locations and to attend business functions
• Up to 20% travel required
• We accept online applications through our career site at jobs.spireenergy.com
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Spire Inc., and its subsidiaries are an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Job Location: Kansas City Job Segment: Pipeline, Construction, Project Engineer, Project Manager, ERP, Energy, Engineering, Technology
Apply now »
Find similar jobs: