Spire Energy Analyst I, GIS (Kansas City or St. Louis) in Kansas City, Missouri
Analyst I, GIS (Kansas City or St. Louis)
Apply now »
Date: May 18, 2023
Location: Kansas City, MO, US, 64129
Company: Spire Inc.
At Spire, we believe energy exists to help people. To enrich their lives, grow their businesses, advance their communities. It’s a simple idea, but one that’s at the heart of everything we do. We are committed to understanding the needs of the homes and businesses we serve. That's why we're always looking for driven, collaborative people to join our team. Because we believe that offering our customers the best service means bringing together the best people.
And we find the best by hiring those who share our values of drive, safety, inclusion and integrity, and demonstrate our four essential behaviors that bring the Spire vision, mission and culture to life:
We make it happen: We are a company of go-getters, acting on every opportunity to help our company advance
We collaborate: We put teamwork first, bringing in everyone’s ideas, because our collective energy makes us stronger
We seek out perspective: We challenge ourselves to be open to different ways of doing things, because learning from each other leads to breakthroughs
We care: We treat people how we want to be treated, listening closely and doing what’s right, even when it’s hard
By living our values and behaviors every day, we strive to create an environment where every employee feels welcome, respected and valued.
This position will be responsible for using Spire’s Geographical Information System (ArcGIS) and Maximo to support Construction Engineering by the design and permitting of natural gas facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Utilize the ESRI GIS mapping system and work management system to independently complete complex engineering designs and cost estimates for all types of main and service projects
• Perform a preliminary review of new development plans (Subdivisions, Business/Industrial parks)
• Study and analyze highway and street improvement plans and prepare drawings and cost estimates of necessary changes to existing gas distribution systems
• Attend internal and external Engineering project meetings as required
• Assist with field visits to determine requirements for service and main work
• Prepare easement requests
• Coordinate with 811 On-Call systems and prepare utility permits (Alabama only)
• Use flow calculator and distribution standards, determine size and capacity of service line piping to be installed
• Utilize ArcGIS software to create basic gas design layouts
Essential Characteristics and Competencies
• Ability to demonstrate the core and job category competencies: customer-focused, results-driven, teamwork, communications, adaptability, initiative, problem solving and quality
• Ability to lead by example in support of the company’s essential characteristics and values: strong ethics and integrity, dedication to a safe work environment, commitment to a diverse workforce that recognizes and respects every individual’s unique skills and perspectives
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills
• Capacity to assess new concepts and accurately apply them
• Strong analytical skills, including ability to troubleshoot issues when found
• Ability to plan, manage time effectively and be productive with multiple concurrent tasks
• Ability to work independently and manage time effectively in order to meet individual goals and deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to build and establish rapport with a diverse array of people.
• Outstanding customer service skills and team player abilities
• Effective active listening skills, positive and can-do attitude and commitment to quality
• Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
Required Education (certifications, licenses)
• Bachelor’s degree in GIS or bachelor's degree with a GIS certificate required
Required knowledge, skill and abilities
• Basic ArcGIS knowledge required
• Gas or other utility experience preferred
Physical demands, environment and schedule
Work can be performed in an office, and/or field setting where ongoing exposure to the elements may occur.
Typically 7:00 a.m. to 3:45 p.m., Monday through Friday
Overtime and/or travel may be required
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Posting requirements: The above posting description is intended to describe the general nature of the level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Spire, Inc., and its subsidiaries are Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all areas, including but not necessarily limited to, recruitment, selection, training, education, compensation, benefits, promotion, job transfer, upgrading, separation and recall regardless of the individual’s race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, and/or other protected categories under all Federal, State, and local laws. For more information, please view our Integrity and Inclusion pages of our career site.
Job Location: Kansas City Job Segment: Construction Engineer, Engineer, Geology, GIS, Engineering, Technology
Apply now »
Find similar jobs: