NextEra Energy Sr Data Scientist in Jupiter, Florida
Sr Data Scientist
Date:Mar 28, 2018
Primary Location:Jupiter, FL, US, 33478
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 23125
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description Employee will be required to support NextEra Energy and Florida Power & Light (FPL) Businesses e.g., Distributed Generation Analytics, Smart Meter Analytics, Power Quality Analytics, Predictive Maintenance, and Fault Prediction.
- Expert in working with relational SQL and NoSQL Database Technologies (PostGres, MongoDB, Cassandra, InfluxDB)
- Java and Java-related Programming Technologies
- Expertise in Hortonworks, Hadoop, MongoDB, Apache Spark, OrientDB, Spark GraphX
- Expertise in R Programming Language
- Proven application of Machine Learning Techniques
- Extensive experience in applying software to solve statistical problems
- 2-5 years of Data Science and Programming experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Applied Math, Physics, Statistics, or Computer Science
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Electric Utility knowledge including understanding of Power Distribution Networks;
- Expertise in tools such as GridLAB-D, SynerGEE or DMS Solutions;
- Expertise in Graph DB Solutions (ex: Neo4J, OrientDB, Spark GraphX);
- Masters or PhD in Engineering, Applied Math, Physics, Statistics or Applied Math
- Six-Sigma Certification Job Overview This position is responsible for developing algorithms, modeling techniques, and optimization methods that support many aspects of NextEra and FPL business. Employees in this role use knowledge of machine learning, optimization, statistics, and applied mathematics along with abilities in software engineering with a focus on distributed computing and data storage infrastructure (i.e., “Big Data”).
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops machine learning, optimization and other modeling solutions
- Prepares comprehensive documented observations, analyses and interpretations of results including technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analyses
- Manipulates and analyzes data sets
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
Experience: 5+ years Preferred Qualifications
- Doctoral Degree
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Science, Research, and Technology Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Jupiter, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami Job Segment:Power Systems, Energy