NextEra Energy Senior Java Full-Stack Developer in Jupiter, Florida
Senior Java Full-Stack Developer
Date:Feb 15, 2020
Primary Location:Jupiter, FL, US, 33478
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 36667
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description Full Stack Engineers deliver solutions for clients that include: microservices, NodeJS / Python-based integrations, cloud-based deployments, and web and portal front ends leveraging Angular.
Responsibilities will include • Understand the challenges being addressed by an engagement and collaborate with team members and clients to deliver a technical solution that meets the unique needs of our clients. • Create quality deliverables to communicate technical solutions to appropriate audiences. • Design, develop and test a full-stack environment based on AWS Aurora, Node/Python, Docker, Lambda, and Angular. • Provide technical mentoring and leadership to more junior resources.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Familiarity with multi-system integration and common issues that can arise when integrating enterprise technologies.
- Proficiency in NodeJS/Python for Microservices creation
- Proficiency in one or more database: PostgreSQL, SQL Server, and Oracle
- Experience with Unit and End to End testing with frameworks like Karma, Jasmine, and Protractor
- Experience creating and deploying Docker containers with ECS
- Familiarity with AWS environment and the following services:
- CloudFormation, S3, and Cloudfront
- ECR & ECS
- Geospatial experience with JS Mapping solutions like Leaflet & Google
- SQL (Basic as well as advanced) Job Overview
This position assesses, designs, develops, integrates and troubleshoots technology to support business processes. Employees provide technical or functional guidance to project or work teams, as needed within specific or multiple disciplines. This position is accountable for ensuring the reliability, performance, security, and continuity of IT systems, as well as ensuring that excellent technical support services are provided. Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Analyzes, designs, develops, tests, debugs, implements, maintains, integrates, customizes and enhances existing or new systems
• Applies appropriate Agile or development methodologies, system development lifecycles, tools, and technology
• Automates the handoff of code releases from development to operations (DevOps)
• Participates in the change management and service ticket management processes, including receiving, resolution monitoring and ensuring customer satisfaction
• Leads projects when needed and builds strong working understanding of the solution being delivered
• Ensures user satisfaction by providing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and timely resolution of more complex problems
• Designs, develops and tests experimental application work to test new ideas with bounded cost and time frames
• Ensures that applications processes are conducted in line with corporate social responsibility, security, compliance, environmental, and technical policies and applicable standards and legislation
• Acts as liaison with regulatory agencies, vendors, and contractors on matters relating to computer systems as required
• Defines metrics and monitors Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for systems being developed
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
• High School Grad / GED
• Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
• Experience: 5+ years Preferred Qualifications
• Bachelor's - Information Systems
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Information Technology Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Jupiter, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs