NextEra Energy Senior Java Developer in Jupiter, Florida
Senior Java Developer
Date:Jun 21, 2018
Primary Location:Jupiter, FL, US, 33478
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 23870
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description Smile you've found us! At NextEra Energy Inc., Florida Power and Light our people are our greatest asset and our Power Delivery team is seeking a project-based Java Developer to help take us to the Next Era. In this role you will work in an agile team and collaborate on an on-going basis with other team members. You can expect to analyze, design, develop, test, debug, implement, maintain and/or enhance existing or new systems that are reliable and efficient. We expect you to have an understanding of REST protocol and API design knowledge, and experience building web/micro services and use and creation of APIs. You should have a passion for learning/building new products, and strong teamwork.
Highly desired technical skills:
- Spring Framework, Spring Boot
- AngularJS/JQuery/JQuery Mobile
- SQL (Basic as well as advanced)
- Leaflet/GIS Frameworks
- Restful Web Service and micro services development
Highly desired experience:
- Dev Ops Experience
- AWS/Cloud experience
- Relational DB (Oracle/SQL Server) and NOSQL DB (MongoDB/Postgres) experience
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, click Apply Now!
Job Overview This position develops and integrates new or existing applications into the technical infrastructure and existing business processes. Employees in this role provide technical or functional guidance to project or work teams, as needed within a specific discipline.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyzes, designs, develops, tests, debugs, implements, maintains and/or enhances existing or new systems, that are reliable and efficient
- Develops customized programming solutions, and maintains existing system functionality
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems, and prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written
- Applies appropriate development methodologies, system development lifecycles, tools and technology
- Collaborates on an on-going basis with the Business Systems Analyst
- Participates in the ticket management and resolution processes, including receiving, resolution monitoring and customer satisfaction
- Leads projects when needed
- Provides direction, training and guidance for less experienced staff
- Builds strong working understanding of the solution being delivered
- Ensures user satisfaction by providing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and timely resolution of more complex problems
- Follows and participates in the defined Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Sarbanes Oxley (Sox) compliance, and General Computing Controls
- Defines metrics and monitors Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for systems being developed
- Meets daily, weekly and monthly reporting requirements
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
Experience:5+ years Preferred Qualifications
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Projectbound FT Job Category: Information Technology Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Jupiter, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
#LI-AM1 Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami Job Segment:Power Systems, Energy