NextEra Energy Senior IT Business Analyst in Jupiter, Florida
Senior IT Business Analyst
Date: Oct 8, 2021
Primary Location: Jupiter, FL, US, 33478
Company: NextEra Energy
Requisition ID: 55915
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description
Project Execution / Analytical Thinking / Problem Solving
• Quickly understands the business issues, strengths, weaknesses and data challenges of client's organization and industry. Suggests areas of improvement.
• Skilled in authoring, reviewing and editing business/functional requirements using Agile documentation formats (epics, user stories etc.)
o basing them on interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
o critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconciling conflicts, decomposing high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
• Identifies critical issues with ease.
• Takes input from supervisor and appropriately and accurately applies comments/feedback.
• Communicates and applies project standards.
• Consistently delivers high-quality services to our clients.
• Understands the components of running a fiscally successful project.
• Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers
• Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
• Listens to and understands audience
• Assists in the facilitation of team and client meetings.
• Delivers informative, well-organized presentations.
• Effectively communicates difficult/sensitive information tactfully. (Crafts the message selecting the most appropriate format for communication)
• Exhibits confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
• Develops relationships with that foster productive collaboration.
• Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with project management.
• Manages client expectations effectively.
• Teamwork - Facilitates effective team interaction.
• Teamwork - Acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions
• Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project
• Atlassian suite: Jira, Confluence etc.
• Knowledge of or experience with Scrum (Agile) Methodology required
• Knowledge of or experience with Scaled Agile frameworks (SAFe) a plus
This job analyzes business processes and practices and identifies technology opportunities. Employees in this job design and implement information technology solutions to meet customer needs and business goals and strategies.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Demonstrates a strong familiarity with business processes that are in their area of business focus
Establishes and manages effective customer relationships with users of business, financial and operations systems, as well as technical team members
Applies advanced analytical skills within functional area to decompose work into manageable value-based units
Responds to requests, identifies conflicts, and makes recommendations where needed
Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems
Uses knowledge of business processes to identify interdependencies and functional gaps
Builds strong working understanding of the technical solution being delivered and analyzes and determines failure points in the solution
Contributes to the application testing process (directly or to support end users)
Creates and updates documentation, as appropriate, for selected project framework
Maintains a familiarity with market trends in technology
Performs other job-related duties as assigned
High School Grad / GED
Bachelor’s or Equivalent Experience
Experience: 5+ years
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Information Technology
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Location: Jupiter, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies . Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs