NextEra Energy Project Controls & Scheduling Leader in Jupiter, Florida
Project Controls & Scheduling Leader
Date:Feb 13, 2020
Primary Location:Jupiter, FL, US, 33478
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 37873
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description Smile: you've found us!
In this role you will support projects related to the undergrounding of distribution lateral lines. You will also develop and provide supporting documentation for regulatory responses and filing.
Apply today to be a part of it!
This job supports one or more projects by providing comprehensive financial support and implementation of project management controls. Employees in this role administer budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analysis, business process improvement and month end project settlement activities. Employees in this role oversee all project scheduling activities on an assigned construction projects, to ensure the contracts schedule requirements are met. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures accurate accounting treatment and capital postings for capital reporting, variance explanations, and progress reporting against budgets
- Prepares, issues, and presents reports, corrective action plans and mitigation strategies based on critical path analysis
- Reads and understands all major project contracts and ensures that all contract details are incorporated into the project forecast and cash flows
- Prepares executive-level reports and ensures write-ups are accurate, complete, clear, and concise
- Provides scheduling support for all projects in early stage development
- Works collaboratively with resources to determine project priorities and work plans to meet corporate objectives
- Determines necessary procedure and process requirements and coordinates development and implementation for scheduling group
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 7+ years
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Jupiter, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs