NextEra Energy Principal Nuclear Engineering Analyst - NDE ECT in Jupiter, Florida
Principal Nuclear Engineering Analyst - NDE ECT
Date:Jun 6, 2018
Primary Location:Jupiter, FL, US, 33478
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 24258
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description At NextEra Energy we have a passion for taking your career to the next level. Our talented employees are our biggest asset to continued success. If you are interested in joining an engineering team for an industry leading Nuclear fleet, look no further. We are currently looking for a Principal Engineering Analyst, based out of our Jupiter West corporate location. In this role, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Eddy current (ECT) Level III lead technical roll for the Fleet.
- Prepare, Revise, and Review internal NDE procedures. Review/Approve vendor procedures
- Emergent NDE response fleet support.
- NextEra Energy Fleet ECT rep with industry organizations.
- Maintenance of written and practical exam database used to certify lower level ECT personnel.
- Review periodic evaluations for fleet ECT personnel.
- Provide lead for regulatory and other industry interfaces (e.g., NRC, NEI, INPO) and develop self-assessments in preparation for inspections
- Support outage readiness assessments.
- Support outage implementation of the Engineering Programs requiring ECT.
- Review and acceptance of ECT data
- Perform contingency planning for inspection activities
The ideal candidate will have:
Nuclear Specific Requirements: • Associate's degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or equivalent military training/experience; Bachelor's preferred • Minimum of fifteen (15+) years of Engineering or related technical experience in assigned area; ten (10) of which must be in the nuclear industry
• Completed training in area of expertise through approved industry groups such as EPRI, NACE, ASME, etc. • Comprehension of engineering technology principles and theory as they relate to Engineering Technology and to power plant systems, components and structures
Start your future now, apply today!
Job Overview This job plans, develops and executes activities regarding engineering projects of unique and multi-faceted complexity. Employees in this role use nuclear engineering expertise to communicate recommendations concerning major company and high-impact programs.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as technical liaison to individuals within and outside the organization
- Acts independently regarding technical matters pertaining to area of expertise
- Evaluates, monitors and conducts trend analyses on the performance of assigned nuclear systems
- Troubleshoots systems, performs predictive and root cause analysis, and initiates corrective action
- Conducts and reviews systems surveillance
- Design, perform and verify analysis of preventive maintenance programs of assigned systems
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
High School Grad / GED
- Associate's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 15+ years
Nuclear Experience: 10+ years Preferred Qualifications
Bachelor's - Sciences Special Requirements Nuclear Specific Requirements:
Associate's in Engineering, Engineering Technology or equivalent military training/experience
- Engineering or related technical experience in assigned area: 15+ years
- Completed training in area of expertise through approved industry groups such as EPRI, NACE, ASME, etc.
- Work experience with engineering technology principles and theory as it relates to power plant systems, components and structures
Nuclear Specific Preferences:
- Bachelor's in Engineering Technology or related technical discipline
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Technical Specialist Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Jupiter, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami Job Segment:Nuclear, Power Plant, Energy