NextEra Energy Lead Resource Optimization Coordinator in Jupiter, Florida
Lead Resource Optimization Coordinator
Date:Nov 8, 2019
Primary Location:Jupiter, FL, US, 33478
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 36874
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description Florida Power & Light Company is the largest energy company in the United States serving more than five million customer accounts or an estimated 10 million+ people across the state of Florida. A leading Florida employer with approximately 8,700 employees,
FPL is a subsidiary of Juno Beach, Florida-based NextEra Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NEE), a clean energy company widely recognized for its efforts in sustainability, ethics and diversity, and has been ranked No. 1 in the electric and gas utilities industry in Fortune’s 2019 list of “World’s Most Admired Companies.” NextEra Energy is also the parent company of Gulf Power Company, which serves more than 460,000 customers in eight counties throughout Northwest Florida, and NextEra Energy Resources, LLC, which, together with its affiliated entities, is the world’s largest generator of renewable energy from the wind and sun and a world leader in battery storage. The Power Delivery Business Unit in Florida Power & Light Company is seeking a Lead Resource Optimization Coordinator to join their team in Jupiter West, FL.
Seize this exciting opportunity to be a pioneer in developing Power Delivery’s first of its kind Resource Optimization Center. Employees in this role will lead construction productivity process and outcome metric compliance for Power Delivery for construction productivity oversight of over $1 billion of budgeted capital work to Company and Contractor resources. You will work from the Resource Optimization Center (ROC) to create, evaluate and drive compliance metrics, performance and accountability. This position drives accountability to processes and metrics for the ROCs, Resource Optimization Administrators (ROA) Power Delivery leaders, job owners, and crews to enhance workload planning and meet budgets.
Job Functions include:
- Create and evaluate performance metrics to drive productivity and financial accountability, standardization and efficient construction work processes;
- Drive compliance for key productivity processes - work supply, resource availability, historical execution, and potential hurdles - to constantly improve and automate scheduling algorithms;
- Lead ROC and ROA personnel in adhering to compliance metrics by reporting status and variance with a timely cadence;
- Standardize existing processes and drives discipline throughout the organization, while automating or eliminating low value-added activities;
- Support ROAs and ROCs by mentoring and coaching to achieve standard and consistent processes;
- Lead by influencing and managing change to drive engagement through standardization and consistency;
- Perform key reporting and variance activities as the Compliance Lead.
Employees in this role lead and optimize innovation initiatives for the Power Delivery Resource Optimization Center (PDROC). Employees will develop new technology and processes to improve the PDROC’s ability to impact business unit construction productivity. Employees partner with Information Technology and other stakeholders to ensure initiatives are cost effective and provide operational benefits. Employees will engage leadership to drive innovation including reporting, metrics, tools and applications to advance the workforce’s ability to execute efficiently. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides leadership through collaboration with the department leadership team to develop and implement productivity technology innovations
- Drives creation of a common corporate workload planning platform
- Develops a scheduling optimization tool to meet the original design vision and support the PDROC future state
- Continues enhancement of tools to automate workload reporting
- Leads development of a construction operation's dashboard
- Continues development of resource optimization tools as the foundational system for productivity initiatives
- Develop Business Intelligence (BI) productivity tools to enhance reporting and analytical capabilities
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience: 7+ years
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certified
- Master's Degree
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certified
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Operations Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Jupiter, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs