NextEra Energy GIS Business Systems Analyst in Jupiter, Florida
GIS Business Systems Analyst
Date:Feb 10, 2020
Primary Location:Jupiter, FL, US, 33478
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 36885
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description Join a high performing Information Technology department supporting Power Delivery for both Florida Power & Light and Gulf Power utilities. This position is a Senior level business analyst role that will collaborate with Power Delivery Engineers and the IT team. The Asset Management agile team is embarking on a major migration from GE’s Smallworld 4.x GIS platform to GE’s Smallworld 5.x GIS platform and the Electric Office product suite. This is an opportunity to shape how the modern grid is modeled and designed for the next decade.
An ideal candidate would have experience in the following areas:
- Geographical Information Systems
- Electrical topology modeling
- Design and engineering automation and processes
- Asset Management Life-Cycle process modeling
- GE Smallworld and Electric Office product suites
- Agile/SAFe development methodology
This job analyzes business processes and practices and identifies technology opportunities. Employees in this job design and implement information technology solutions to meet customer needs and business goals and strategies. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrates a strong familiarity with business processes that are in their area of business focus
- Establishes and manages effective customer relationships with users of business, financial and operations systems, as well as technical team members
- Applies advanced analytical skills within functional area to decompose work into manageable value-based units
- Responds to requests, identifies conflicts, and makes recommendations where needed
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems
- Uses knowledge of business processes to identify interdependencies and functional gaps
- Builds strong working understanding of the technical solution being delivered and analyzes and determines failure points in the solution
- Contributes to the application testing process (directly or to support end users)
- Creates and updates documentation, as appropriate, for selected project framework
- Maintains a familiarity with market trends in technology
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor’s or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 5+ years
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Information Technology Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Jupiter, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs