NextEra Energy Transmission Business Manager - NextEra in Juno Beach, Florida
Transmission Business Manager - NextEra
Date: Jul 18, 2021
Primary Location: Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company: NextEra Energy
Requisition ID: 51133
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
The position will participate in regional internal interconnection feasibility studies and network upgrade cost estimate activities through the full life cycle of development and construction of projects leading to the successful execution of new asset growth across the respective region. As the experienced regional technical team member, the position is required to work with internal project developers/originators, and external entities including Regional Transmission Organization (RTO), Independent Systems Operators (ISO), Transmission Providers (TP), and Transmission Owners (TO) to review and evaluate interconnection standards and study practices, transmission siting feasibility, system impact studies, facility studies, and Large Generator Interconnection Agreement (LGIA). As the experienced regional technical team member, the positon’s roles is assisting NEER’s Development to determine optimal locations for the placement of renewable energy projects, verifying and challenging interconnection studies results, and negotiating to reach reasonable resolutions with ISOs and Transmission Providers.
Job responsibilities are:
• Proficiency in Transmission Providers’ tariff, business practices, interconnection standards, interconnection study practices, cost allocation methodologies, transmission planning standards, and transmission system performance evaluation criteria
• Possess good understanding of regional transmission plans and operational practices
• Configure and automate injection study systems
• Perform injection studies to identify the optimal locations for the placement of generator resources across the respective region
• Implement the optimal interconnection strategy
• Perform the network upgrade cost estimates for the proposed projects
• Verify and challenge System Impact and Facility Study results
• Participate in negotiation with Transmission Providers to reach reasonable resolutions
• Participate in negotiation of alternative low cost network upgrade solutions with transmission owner
• Conduct Day One analyses to minimize curtailment by optimizing network upgrade construction scheduling, resolving transmission issues by investors, and supporting ISO’s Quarterly Operating Limit Studies or Limited Operation Interconnection Service studies
• Commercially focused and detail oriented
• Good communication skills and project management ability
• Preferred technical background includes experience in transmission systems planning or generator interconnection process, and previous employment with a utility, or an ISO or a renewable energy company. Proficiency in power flow software, including PSSE/MUST, PowerWorld, and TARA, is required
• A Bachelor degree in electrical engineering is required
• An advanced degree in electrical engineering with a major in power systems is preferred
• 5 to 7 years of experience in utility or ISO or RTO or energy industry is desired
Employees in this role supply solutions to technical transmission issues for development projects and current assets.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Maintains project schedules
Reviews documents for technical accuracy
Completes ad hoc projects, report development, and modeling
Reviews market changes, policies, and laws
Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Experience: 3+ years
- Master’s Degree
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics
Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC
Location: Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies . Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs