NextEra Energy Technology Leader - Cyber Risk & Controls in Juno Beach, Florida
Technology Leader - Cyber Risk & Controls
Date:Nov 6, 2020
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description We're looking for a highly skilled leader to manage a cyber risk team within the NextEra cybersecurity program.
NextEra’s cyber risk team analyzes complex risks from our multiple platforms, programs, and domains, which are all processed through our GRC platform. Our mission is to deliver cybersecurity analysis, risk evaluations, security services to BU, and enterprise customers. In this role, you will guide and mentor a team of cyber risk analysts as they navigate current and future company objectives. You will help balance company resources while still maintaining a high level of deliverables across an array of risk technology platforms and data sets. You will ensure that the team has the proper training and support to succeed. You will collaborate with Product Management, Education & Awareness, Data Science, and Security Architecture to improve and remediate internal risks. You will also build long-term strategic partnerships with key stakeholders across all of NextEra.
Highly desired qualifications include:
- Strong background managing and develop cyber risk programs to include but not limited to:
- Exceptions Management, Issues Management, Risk Register, 3rd Party
- Strong experience working with GRC platforms and data sets
- Experience building and maintaining a controls program
- Strong preference on background in Sox, Critical Systems, SSAE16 or 18, HIPPA, etc.
- Experience managing a Crown Jewels program
- Strong communications abilities both written and verbal
- Executive level PPT skills required
- Strong process control experience - Prefer a Six Sigma or Lean belt – Green or Black
- Strong leadership capabilities – Ability to operate independently or lead a team to accomplish a goal with little direction
This position establishes strategy, develops business plans, and oversees and leads in the design, development and implementation of technology solutions to meet business needs. Leaders in this role provide leadership and oversight to manage performance and results in one or more Information Technology (IT) disciplines. Individuals will be accountable for the reliability, performance, security, and continuity of IT systems and supported business processes. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides leadership, influence, vision, and direction to the organization to contribute to achieving the company's goals
- Works with IT leaders to develop overall IT strategy in alignment with business strategy
- Oversees value stream by focusing on cost and risks of technology portfolio to meet business needs
- Supports and fosters innovative technologies to deliver new ideas that enable business transformation
- Ensures high levels of ongoing system and application performance in production environments
- Oversees development of processes and tools to automate code releases from development to operations (DevOps)
- Attracts, develops and retains a high-performing and diverse team
- Establishes and drives technology roadmaps that align with current and future business needs
- Manages third party technical and outsourcing relationships to deliver project and operational support objectives
- Ensures technology processes are conducted in line with applicable standards and company policies
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 7+ years
- Bachelor's Degree
- Supervisor/Management Experience: 2+ years
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Information Technology Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs