NextEra Energy Technology Director - Enterprise Architecture in Juno Beach, Florida
Technology Director - Enterprise Architecture
Date:Aug 8, 2018
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 23724
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description Smile: you’ve found us! At NextEra Energy/Florida Power and Light, our people are our biggest asset and our Strategy & Competency Technology Group is seeking a Director of Enterprise Architecture to join the team. This is a key leadership position and will be instrumental in defining strategy, orchestrating across IT organizations and business units, and leading a team to evaluate tools and solutions across the organization. You can expect to be responsible for holistically designing and optimizing systems, while using your influence to drive change. You will you use your excellent communication and presentation skills (whether delivering to technical or business audiences) to make sound decisions based on key business drivers (not just technical concerns), and be a champion of change (challenging the status quo), to promote and foster continuous IT improvement and Innovation, with strong ability to mentor others.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Building out a re-charted EA organization
- Aligning business and technology strategies
- Driving synergies across business units
- Developing a pipeline of leadership and technical talent
- Leading change across a federated community
We look forward to taking your career to the next level!
Job Overview This position establishes strategy, develops business plans, and oversees and directs the design, development and implementation of technology solutions to meet business needs. Leaders in this role provide leadership and oversight to manage performance and results in one or more Information Technology (IT) disciplines. Individuals will be accountable for the reliability, performance, security, and continuity of IT systems and supported business processes.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides leadership, influence, vision and direction to the organization to contribute to achieving the companies goals
- Works with IT leaders to develop overall IT strategy in alignment with business strategy
- Oversees value stream by focusing on cost and risks of technology portfolio to meet business needs
- Supports and fosters innovative technologies to deliver new ideas that enable business transformation
- Ensures high levels of ongoing system and application performance in production environments
- Oversees development of processes and tools to automate code releases from development to operations (DevOps)
- Attracts, develops and retains a high-performing and diverse team
- Establishes and drives technology roadmaps that align with current and future business needs
- Manages third party technical and outsourcing relationships to deliver project and operational support objectives
- Ensures technology processes are conducted in line with applicable standards and company policies
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 10+ years
Supervisor/Management Experience: 5+ years Preferred Qualifications
Bachelor's - Information Systems
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Information Technology Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
#LI-AM1 Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami