NextEra Energy Tax Financial Analyst in Juno Beach, Florida
Tax Financial Analyst
Date:Feb 15, 2021
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description Tax Planning is responsible for setting and implementing the general tax planning strategy for NextEra and NextEra Energy Partners through transaction structuring and other initiatives and communicating the tax consequences of such planning to company management, as well as Tax Compliance and Tax Accounting for reporting on tax returns and financial statements. Fulfilling these responsibilities will require a dynamic individual with a combination of strong analytical and interpersonal skills and experience with multiple technology platforms. This position will report to the Director and will support Tax Planning’s initiatives with respect to all financing activities at NextEra and NextEra Energy Partners and will include the following responsibilities:
- Support Tax Planning in its Executive communications by quantifying tax costs and benefits of NextEra financing transactions, including structured finance like tax equity and project finance, SIP financings, complex capital markets transactions including convertible debt and equity, hybrid equity units and preferred equity/capped call investment unit transactions, as well as NEP-specific financings including NEP drops and NEP convertible equity portfolio financings
- Support NEE Treasury and NEP financing activities by evaluating and analyzing alternative financing structures along a variety of financial metrics
- Provide tax inputs and incorporate tax logic into complex NEE and NEP joint venture partnership financial models
- Support Tax Accounting and Tax Forecasting by analyzing and quantifying impact of proposed and actual transactions on NEP tax and E&P shields
- Assist with Tax Special Projects
Measures of Success/Key Metrics
- Problem solving: Demonstration of active problem solving with a bias toward strategic thinking
- Collaboration: Expected to partner and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Adaptability: Demonstrate the ability to adapt approach and tactics to accomplish specific tasks
- Persistence: Must demonstrate the ability to follow through on data requests to obtain necessary information and ask questions when unsure of how to proceed
Key skills Required:
- Working knowledge of financial metrics including NPV, ROE, yield, and IRR
- Analytical skills including ability to identify key drivers for variances and trends
- Written and oral communication skills to both communicate and elicit information from team members and counterparties
- Advanced Excel skills including the ability to incorporate data into dynamic financial models, using toggles to efficiently evaluate multiple alternative scenarios
- Ability to organize numerous data sets and model versions in manner that allows for efficient retrieval and updating
Rotation will build the following skills:
- Interpret complex financial models and understand impact of tax consequences on key financial metrics
- Learn basic concepts of taxation of partnerships and financial transactions
- Spot trends in data and identify key drivers
- Learn to how to communicate effectively to a sophisticated, financially-savvy audience Job Overview
This job is responsible for moderate to complex projects associated with the maintenance of tax records and the preparation of all or specifically assigned tax returns, separate company corporate income tax and partnership tax returns, consolidated tax returns and related reports. Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Prepares and reviews federal/state/local income tax returns, schedules, extensions and payment estimates in line with the company’s tax filing calendar • Conducts financial and economic analyses, developing and preparing the organization’s financial plans and budgets and interpreting financial reports and tax returns • Researches inquiries from government agencies regarding filings, compliance, and other claims • Prepares tax calculations to support tax controversy analyses • Conducts tax assumptions in project models • Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Required Qualifications • Bachelor's Degree • Experience:3+ years Preferred Qualifications
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) • Master's - Accounting / Finance • Tax Compliance • Tax Research
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs