NextEra Energy Summer College Intern - Tax Analyst in Juno Beach, Florida
Summer College Intern - Tax Analyst
Date:Aug 30, 2018
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 27638
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description Summer College Intern - Tax Analyst (Strategic Initiatives Team)
We are seeking a Tax Intern to join the Tax Strategic Initiatives team. Working under the direction of the Tax Manager and Senior Tax Analyst, this position will have several key responsibilities including: (1) researching, memo drafting and analyzing strategic initiatives such as change in accounting methods, and research and development tax credits (2) preparation of federal and state income tax returns; and (3) working closely with Information Management to continue to streamline processes related to tax return calculations. This position will help ensure that NextEra Energy, Inc. remains “Best in Class” with regard to the quality and efficiency of our income tax compliance process.
The successful candidate will work closely with multiple business units within the organization in order to gather data to perform analytics. Candidate will prepare related federal and state tax returns for the consolidated group. Candidate will also be responsible for identifying and implementing process improvements. Extended Hours may be necessary periodically.
Required Qualifications High School Grad / GED: Required;
- Have a GPA of 3.00 or higher.
- Provide proof of eligibility to work in the USA.
- Have applicable course of study as it relates to job requirements.
- Adhere to Employment of Relatives Policy.
- Available to work a 40-hour week.
- Pursuing Bachelors degree in accounting or related field
- Currently enrolled as a full-time student
- Well-developed technical skills with an ability to identify and document both issues and proposed resolutions
- Proficient oral and written business communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines while managing workload
- Ability to perform analysis on data and utilize analysis to make tax technical and business decisions
- Strong computer skills with a focus on both analytical and research tools
- Desire to seek new and challenging tasks – self-starter mentality
- Junior year students preferred Job Overview Employees in the role will be provided mentoring and practical hands on experience for relevant career-related activities encountered in the student’s area of study or specialization. To be considered for this position the applicant must be actively enrolled at a college or university as a full-time student seeking a bachelor’s degree or higher. Candidate must also have a current GPA of 3.00 or higher (on a 0.00 to 4.00 scale).
Job Duties & Responsibilities • Assists department with assigned projects • Completes challenging projects and assignments • Presents final project to senior leadership at the end of the internship • Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications • High School Grad / GED Preferred Qualifications • Effective Written Communications • Effective Verbal Communications
Employee Group: Non Exempt Employee Type: Temporary Job Category: Intern Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami