NextEra Energy Summer College Intern - Land Services in Juno Beach, Florida

Summer College Intern - Land Services

Date:Aug 30, 2018

Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408

Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 26948

is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.

Position Specific Description Looking to change the world? So are we!

NextEra Energy, recently recognized by Fortune among the top 25 companies that “Change the World,” is seeking College Interns eager to learn more about renewable energy through hands-on experience with real development projects.

The Land Services team is on the leading edge of project development activities. As a member of the team you will have the opportunity to attend landowner contract negotiations, participate in community education events, and work with the real estate contracts and documents that facilitate the development, construction, and operation of our renewable energy projects.

Interns will spend approximately 75% of their time working at the corporate headquarters in Juno Beach learning about renewable project development through the scope of land acquisition and administration. The remaining 25% of their time will be spend in the field, working with land acquisition and project development professionals and interacting with the community.

Candidates MUST have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher to be considered. Students pursing degrees in land management or similar programs are encourage to apply but all majors will be considered.

Start your future now – click Apply now!

Job Overview Employees in the role will be provided mentoring and practical hands on experience for relevant career-related activities encountered in the student’s area of study or specialization. To be considered for this position the applicant must be actively enrolled at a college or university as a full-time student seeking a bachelor’s degree or higher. Candidate must also have a current GPA of 3.00 or higher (on a 0.00 to 4.00 scale).

Job Duties & Responsibilities • Assists department with assigned projects • Completes challenging projects and assignments • Presents final project to senior leadership at the end of the internship • Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications • High School Grad / GED Preferred Qualifications • Effective Written Communications • Effective Verbal Communications

Employee Group: Non Exempt Employee Type: Intern Job Category: Intern Organization: NextEra Project Mgmt Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No

NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.

If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.

NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.

NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.

Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami