NextEra Energy State Tax Planning & Policy Project Manager in Juno Beach, Florida
State Tax Planning & Policy Project Manager
Date:Oct 21, 2020
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description We are seeking an experienced tax professional to become a member of our Tax Planning team in Juno Beach, Florida. Our in-house tax department is a fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative environment. In this role you will be responsible for supporting tax audits, state and local income/franchise tax compliance, planning, and policy, coordinating with subject matter experts (SMEs) to research and contemporaneously document material income tax positions, and identify, analyze and document FIN 48 positions. This position offers high visibility and excellent opportunity to build a long term career.
- Experience with state and local income/franchise tax compliance and/or supporting the tax audit function for a multistate Fortune 500 business
- Strong foundation of state and local income/franchise tax technical knowledge with experience evaluating and advising on tax positions
- Comprehensive understanding of state income tax apportionment methodologies and issues
- Solid understanding of state income tax accounting rules and methods
- Understanding of tax audit processes, negotiations, and appeals a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to coordinate effectively with various SMEs and communicate tax positions to tax authorities and senior tax leadership
- Self-motivated with excellent project management, organizational, and leadership skills
- Ability to work with Excel and various tax software tools, including tax compliance and tax research software Job Overview
Employees in this position are responsible for one or more of the following: tax research, planning, forecasting, analysis, and defense of tax positions. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages tax related projects, including system maintenance and/or development
- Prepares and/or reviews tax returns and corresponding tax work papers and files
- Researches law, regulations, administrative rulings and court cases and presents proposals to lawfully minimize tax liability
- Researches and drafts responses to inquiries from government agencies regarding tax filings, and other claims
- Provides and/or verifies tax assumptions and tax results in project models
- Leads project teams to improve quality, efficiency, predictability and/or transparency
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience: 7+ years
- Master's - Accounting / Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs