NextEra Energy Sr Proj Controls & Scheduling Specialist in Juno Beach, Florida
Sr Proj Controls & Scheduling Specialist
Date:Feb 17, 2019
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 29744
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description NextEra Energy Resources is seeking a qualified candidate to join the project Scheduling & Planning group for the Engineering and Construction Division located in Juno Beach, Florida. This candidate will work directly with the Project Originators, Developers, Engineers, Early Stage Managers and Construction Managers supporting the development, engineering, and construction of all energy technologies. Some examples of projects include but are not limited to Wind, Solar, Energy Storage, Transmission Lines, Substations, Pipelines, Combine Cycles, etc.
Reporting to the group Manager, the selective individual will be responsible for the creation, maintenance and progress of project schedules using Primavera P6 Software. Besides, this person will be in charge of the preparation of monthly reports for construction projects comparing baseline approved schedule to progress schedule including critical path method, resource loading, cost loading, manpower, submittals, projections of impacts and recovery plans. Some Travel to project sites in North America may be required.
In this role, you will be a key player as a member of the project scheduler/planner group in support of all innovative technologies and be exposed to various working teams to drive project success through the entire life cycle. Your project scheduling, management and technical skill set will be important to develop effective & accurate schedules, coordinate multidisciplinary meetings and report to management for an impressive portfolio of projects. Skill requirements:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player. Be able to interact with all project participants to gather scope, logistics, and constraints to be included within the plan and schedule. Maintain a positive attitude and develop strong working relationships with all team members.
- Ability to work with Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project software.
- Ability to coordinate all scheduling requirements through a highly matrixed project development team to ensure resources are focused on the right project activities.
- Ability to lead Schedule Review Meetings with all project participants to ensure proper logic, prioritization, resource utilization, logistics and constraints are properly represented within the plan and schedule.
- Analytical mindset. Ability to review, criticize and validate external schedules.
- Experience tracking against schedule baselines and perform ad-hoc analyses. Report schedule status and variances to management in a clear and concise manner.
- Excellent process management, prioritization and problem solving skills.
- Strong bias for action oriented performers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or similar field.
- 5+ Years of experience in project management, construction or engineering with power generation projects (including minimum 3 years in scheduling/planning).
- PMP Certification is preferred but not required.
- Some Travel to project sites in North America. Job Overview This job supports one or more projects by providing comprehensive financial support and implementation of project management controls. Employees in this role administer budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analysis, business process improvement and month end project settlement activities. Employees in this role oversee all project scheduling activities on an assigned construction projects, to ensure the contracts schedule requirements are met.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures accurate accounting treatment and capital postings for capital reporting, variance explanations, and progress reporting against budgets
- Prepares, issues, and presents reports, corrective action plans and mitigation strategies based on critical path analysis
- Reads and understands all major project contracts and ensures that all contract details are incorporated into the project forecast and cash flows
- Prepares executive-level reports and ensures write-ups are accurate, complete, clear, and concise
- Provides scheduling support for all projects in early stage development
- Works collaboratively with resources to determine project priorities and work plans to meet corporate objectives
- Determines necessary procedure and process requirements and coordinates development and implementation for scheduling group
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
Experience: 5+ years Preferred Qualifications
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami