NextEra Energy Sr. Nodal Analyst- Market Analysis in Juno Beach, Florida
Sr. Nodal Analyst- Market Analysis
Date:Oct 5, 2020
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 46891
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description NextEra Energy Resources is a foremost provider of clean energy, with natural gas, wind, solar, and nuclear power plants in operation in 24 states and Canada. With more than 18 GW of installed capacity, we are the world’s top producer of wind power, and we operate one of the largest solar fleets on the planet. Approximately 95% of NextEra Energy Resources’ electricity is generated by clean fuels, and 100% of our effort goes into upholding our leadership in this exciting and rapidly emerging field.
NextEra Energy Resources is currently seeking an experienced Senior Nodal Analyst to join our Market Analysis team in Juno Beach, Florida. The Market Analysis team is responsible for providing company leadership with objective and comprehensive analytical assessments of North American energy markets. This includes developing and maintaining forecasts for energy, basis, ancillary services, capacity, REC and emission allowance prices as well as analyzing the impact of regional and national regulatory initiatives. This analysis is a key driver of decisions to build, sell, or buy power generation assets, hedging activity, and development of corporate strategy.
Senior Analyst responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain electric sector models similar to GridView / PROMOD / DAYZER / Aurora and/or similar nodal production cost simulation proprietary tools with up-to-date market intelligence
- Perform market simulations and develop power market forecasts in support of development, M&A, and management of existing assets
- Provide transmission congestion analysis and basis outlook in regional power markets
- Run sensitivity analysis with varying fundamental parameters including load, fuel prices, outages etc.
- Perform power flow analysis using models such as PSSE and PowerWorld
- Managing Market Analysis projects from inception to management presentation with limited oversight
- Establish and maintain working relationships with internal and external contacts which will support the development of data describing the key market factors
- Synthesize a market view consistent with the fundamental market factors and communicate this view to the organization towards the purpose of achieving consensus on this view
- Analyze market, historical, and fundamental data, draw inferences and present results in a clear and understandable format to management and external customers
- Manage multiple projects inclusive of those above, completing them in a timely manner
The successful candidate must have five or more years of experience in related activities. Project management experience preferred. A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Economics, Business Administration, or related is required; MBA or graduate degree preferred. An electrical engineering degree with a focus on Power Systems will be a plus. Previous experience in energy industry along with forecasting and asset management experience required. Prior hands-on experience with Aurora or similar nodal production cost models is preferred. The successful candidate should have strong data manipulation, analysis, and presentation skills (Excel, PowerPoint); some experience in evaluating complex technical and financial issues independently, developing recommendations, action plans, and managing multiple complex assignments simultaneously. Programming skills, e.g. python, would be a good one to have.
Employees in this role perform complex studies and forecast power prices for a period of 30 years. This position works closely with internal and external technical and engineering teams to develop forecasts to support existing and new projects and/or technologies. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with internal and external contacts in support of the development of data describing the key market factors
- Formulates inputs to electric sector modeling tools and assists in modeling efforts
- Maintains electric sector models and proprietary tools with up-to-date market intelligence
- Performs market simulations and develops long-term power market forecasts in support of development, Mergers and Acquisitions, and management of existing assets
- Develops proprietary modeling tools and methodologies to analyze evolving markets and the impact on company businesses
- Analyzes market, historical, and fundamental data to draw inferences and present results in a clear and understandable format to management and external customers
- Provides training to junior modeling staff
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience: 4+ years
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Energy Trading Organization: NextEra Energy Marketing, LLC Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs