NextEra Energy Sr Executive Compensation Consultant in Juno Beach, Florida
Sr Executive Compensation Consultant
Date:Jan 13, 2021
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 49011
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description The Senior Executive Compensation Consultant will lead the design, implementation and maintenance of cost effective executive compensation and benefit plans and programs based on competitive practices, regulatory directives, and the Company’s principles. Responsibilities include: researching and analyzing executive compensation and benefit trends; administering executive remuneration plans and programs; supporting multiple executive compensation projects, including re-designing or creating new programs, drafting policies, documenting and revising processes, and complying with regulatory changes; creating compensation proposals and summaries to support hiring and/or promoting executive talent; conducting competitive benchmarking of executive and non-employee director compensation and benefits programs, and participating in applicable surveys; conducting complex analyses for presentations for management; performing advanced financial analyses and modeling of existing and proposed programs; prepare materials for Compensation Committee meetings; participating in preparation of proxy statement and other relevant disclosure materials; communicating effectively with critical executive compensation support groups including relevant internal business units and external compensation consultants; staying informed about relevant laws, regulations and issues that impact executive compensation and benefits and preparing summaries for senior leadership. Position Preferred Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in business or other quantitative area of concentration; Master’s degree in business administration, human resource management or other advanced degree desirable. Minimum of 5 years of experience in compensation or other discipline relevant to above accountabilities. CCP, CEP designations desirable. In-depth understanding of compensation, such as incentive compensation design and equity compensation governance. Ability to comprehend complex regulations and program provisions. Strong, demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills as well as excellent attention to detail and quality orientation. Demonstrated technical skills in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Strong communication and customer service skills. Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple complex demands and shifting priorities.
Employees in this role are responsible for providing full compensation services to assigned business unit(s) including total compensation administration, internal and external analysis, and consultation with business unit leaders and HR staff. This role will also lead or participate in a variety of projects related to compensation. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Acts as a strategic partner to assigned business unit(s) in managing the needs assessment, design, and implementation of customer solutions related to compensation and reward services
- Performs complex analysis, develops alternative recommendations, and formulates implementation strategies for job design and compensation and reward programs
- Ensures compensation practices and programs are competitive in order to attract, retain, and motivate employees
- Evaluates the effectiveness of compensation programs in order to make recommendations for change
- Participates in market surveys and benchmarking of pay programs
- Prepares job descriptions, recommends corresponding compensation levels, and communicates recommendations in a concise, customer-focused format
- Audits pay practices to ensure compliance with federal and state legislation applicable to wage and hour laws and regulations and internal pay policies
- Partners with information technology team and other internal partners to design effective compensation administration reporting tools
- Participates or leads one or more compensation related projects
- Serves as a mentor to lower level compensation consultants
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 5+ years
- Master's - Business Administration
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Human Resources Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs