NextEra Energy Sr Environmental Services Project Mgr in Juno Beach, Florida
Sr Environmental Services Project Mgr
- Date:May 4, 2021
Primary Location: Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company: NextEra Energy
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
This position is in the Environmental Permitting Section of the Corporate Environmental Services Department supporting new development opportunities for NextEra Energy Resources and other NextEra Energy affiliates. The selected candidate will lead a small team of specialists in supporting project development in the southwestern US, including Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, and Utah. This position requires working from a home office located within or near the region or at one of the NextEra offices.
Applicant must have relevant Project Management experience with ability to lead, with limited direction, new corporate development opportunities and acquisitions in power generation, storage and transmission projects, including renewable energy facilities, transmission lines, and battery
storage. Applicant must possess strong leadership skills.
Primary responsibilities include obtaining all required federal, state and local environmental licenses, permits and approvals for development projects in the southwestern US including AZ, CO, NV, NM, and UT, as well as providing other project support such as siting and community outreach. The primary focus will be on licensing and permitting new solar, wind, energy storage, and transmission facilities.
Applicant must have ability to support multiple projects with multifaceted environmental and regulatory issues, ability to assist in comprehensive environmental due diligence reviews for potential acquisitions and be willing to travel up to 50% of the time when needed.
The successful candidate must maintain current knowledge of pertinent national and state level environmental policies and regulations, have the ability to effectively interface with internal and external customers, subject matter experts, and other stakeholders, and be able to assist in
resolving complex environmental matters. He or she must help ensure compliance with federal, state and local environmental regulations, as well as company policies. Routine out of state travel will be required.
Employees in this job are responsible for providing expert environmental support for new and existing facilities including due diligence, permitting, regulatory compliance, regulatory interpretation and development, and interface with Federal, State, and Regional agencies.
Primary job duties include but not limited to:
• Manage a team of professionals responsible for environmental permitting
• Environmental Siting, Licensing, Permitting and Due Diligence
• Project Planning, Budget and Schedule Management
• Strategic management and oversight of environmental field studies and consultants
• Ability to assess and communicate environmental risk
• Negotiations with federal, state and local regulatory agencies
• Development/management of vendor contracts / purchase orders /invoices
• Manage personnel activities such as hiring, performance goal setting and evaluations, and mentoring
• Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
• Ability to travel and work extended hours
• Leads environmental programs that provide specialized expertise to ensure cost effective environmental solutions
• Maximizes operational flexibility and environmental benefits for costs incurred
• Contributes to improved system reliability and customer satisfaction
• Translates regulations and permits into actionable tasks
• Provides guidance on alternatives to minimize environmental impacts
• Identifies, tracks, and analyzes environmental performance metrics
• Advanced knowledge of environmental regulations
• Advanced ability with analysis, problem solving, and professional skills
• Advanced commercial skills, communications (written & verbal), integrity and compliance, leadership, and process/project management
This job is responsible for obtaining approvals, licenses and permits for construction and operation of new and existing company facilities from federal, state, provincial, regional and local agencies. Employees in this job serves as the subject matter expert providing specialized environmental expertise and environmental technical support to ensure compliance with environmental laws, regulations and permits.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Performs comprehensive environmental due diligence reviews, assists with facility compliance audits, and conducts environmental licensing and permitting activities
• Provides specialized expertise to ensure cost effective environmental solutions that maximize operational flexibility, maximize environmental benefits for costs incurred, and contribute to improved system reliability and customer satisfaction
• Translates regulations and permits into actionable construction compliance tasks
• Obtains permit modifications for existing permits and obtains new permits for construction and maintenance activities
• Provides guidance on alternatives to minimize environmental impacts
• Identifies, tracks, and analyzes environmental construction compliance performance metrics
• Reviews, monitors and comments on emerging legislation and regulations that might have an impact on operations compiles input and data to develop company policy and comments and positions presented to regulators
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience:15+ years
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Environmental/Chemistry/Rad Protection
Organization: NextEra Project Mgmt
Location: Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Arizona; Arkansas; Colorado; Louisiana; Nevada; New Mexico; Oklahoma; Texas; Utah; Wyoming
Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs