NextEra Energy Sr Data Scientist in Juno Beach, Florida
Sr Data Scientist
Date:Sep 28, 2018
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 27797
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description Smile you’ve found us! At NextEra Energy, our people are our greatest asset and our Data Ream is looking for Sr. Data Scientists to join the organization! In this role you will be responsible for developing algorithms, modeling techniques, and optimization methods that support many aspects of NextEra and FPL business. You will use knowledge of machine learning, optimization, statistics, and applied mathematics along with abilities in software engineering with a focus on distributed computing and “Big Data”.
Candidates with the following experience will be highly considered:
- Possesses a strong familiarity with business processes and the ability to learn new ones
- Uses knowledge of business processes to identify focus areas and improvement opportunities
- Establishes and manages effective customer relationships with all business areas
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems
- Builds strong knowledge of the technical solution being delivered and can analyze and determine failure points
Highly Desired Skills
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, MatLab, etc
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as PowerBI and others.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, etc.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, HBase, etc
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills Job Overview This position is responsible for developing algorithms, modeling techniques, and optimization methods that support many aspects of NextEra and FPL business. Employees in this role use knowledge of machine learning, optimization, statistics, and applied mathematics along with abilities in software engineering with a focus on distributed computing and data storage infrastructure (i.e., “Big Data”).
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops machine learning, optimization and other modeling solutions
- Prepares comprehensive documented observations, analyses and interpretations of results including technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analyses
- Manipulates and analyzes data sets
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
Experience: 5+ years Preferred Qualifications
- Doctoral Degree
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Science, Research, and Technology Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
#LI-AM1 Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami