NextEra Energy Sr Benefits Consultant in Juno Beach, Florida
Sr Benefits Consultant
Date:Jan 13, 2021
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 49848
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description The ideal candidate will have Benefit Plan Administration (including vendor management) experience with an understanding of benefit plan compliance requirements including ERISA. This opportunity is for a self-starter who enjoys working in a fast paced environment. The candidate should possess the ability to utilize critical thinking skills to troubleshoot and bring issues to resolution, as well as assist with analysis that is thoughtful, accurate and cost effective. Strong interpersonal skills are required to handle sensitive and confidential employee related concerns. Role will require ability to manage projects, with guidance, involving cross-functional teams with internal or external customers including vendors. The candidate will also have strong attention to detail, bias for action, collaborative teamwork skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a proven multitasking track record. Experience with Microsoft office suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) strongly preferred.
Employees in this role participate in the planning, implementation, and administration of one or more cost-effective benefit programs including life, retirement, medical, dental, vision, workers compensation, disability, time-off, health and welfare plans. This job will serve as a mentor, coach or project lead to other team members. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Participates in the design, planning, and administration of corporate employee benefits programs
- Plans and administers policies and develops solutions to complex or unusual problems
- Identifies process improvements, prepares analysis and presentations and recommends changes to appropriate leaders
- Participates in annual renewals, preparing applicable annual government reporting and non-discrimination tests, tracking cost or loss trends
- Prepares cost analysis of employee benefits in preparation of or in response to labor contract negotiations
- Communicates negotiated benefit changes to appropriate parties, including the benefits administrator to ensure that benefit plans reflect negotiated benefit changes
- Works with legal counsel, vendors and insurance providers on plan modifications, communication and annual renewals
- Coordinates the integration of acquired employee benefit programs with existing programs
- Participates in or leads ongoing employee communications such as summary plan descriptions, summary annual reports, Benefits Bulletin, etc.
- Participates in or leads the annual benefits open enrollment process including plan and employee communication, coordinating tasks internally and ensuring that the HRIS system is updated with new employee costs and enrollments
- Analyzes benefit programs, external survey data and market trends and develops recommendations for review by management
- Serves as mentor, coach or project lead to team members
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 5+ years
- Master's Degree
- Certified Benefits Professional (CBP)
- Certified EE Benefit Specialist (CEBS)
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Human Resources Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs