NextEra Energy Sourcing Specialist I in Juno Beach, Florida
Sourcing Specialist I
Date: Oct 7, 2021
Primary Location: Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company: NextEra Energy
Requisition ID: 56444
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description
NextEra Energy, Inc. is a leading clean energy Fortune 200 Company headquartered in Juno Beach, Florida. We own two electric companies: Florida Power & Light Company, which serves more than five million customer accounts in Florida and is the largest rate-regulated electric utility in the United States; and Gulf Power Company, which serves more than 460,000 customers in eight counties throughout Northwest Florida.
Our Integrated Supply Chain Business Unit is seeking a Sourcing Specialist I to join their team. This position is responsible for managing the sourcing process within their given areas of spend/commodities. The selected candidate for this role will be expected to source material/services which may include complex contractual terms & conditions, negotiations and commercial evaluations. The Sourcing Specialist will be responsible to deliver savings on projects within the assigned timelines while working cross functionally with other areas of the business. This individual will be expected to operate independently with little management oversight in leading projects to closure.
Other key aspects of the role would include:
Developing alternative sources;
Commodity spend management;
Supplier and customer relationship management;
Sourcing decisions made around total cost of ownership;
Request for Quote (RFQ)/Award presentations to management.
5+years of strategic sourcing, supply chain management or contract management experience is strongly preferred.
This position executes the sourcing process for assigned business areas and implements policies and programs directed towards providing contracted services and materials. Employees in this role develop and execute complex sourcing agreements containing unique terms and conditions.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Executes the sourcing process for assigned areas
• Analyzes responses to complex bid requests, points out commercial differences, and makes succinct recommendations in selecting appropriate suppliers for contract awards
• Develops and maintains relationships with business units and suppliers, and conducts complex negotiations successfully under aggressive time demands
• Leads and/or participates on sourcing project teams
• Recommends and communicates sourcing strategy, progress, and results to supervision and ISC management
• Conducts industry analysis and evaluates supplier performance
• Provides market data to support supplier selection, qualification, and on-going performance management
• Drives down the total cost of ownership, and assists in managing the external spend
• Participates in sourcing data analysis, forecasting and planning
• Develops new sources of supply and monitors ongoing supplier performance
• Conducts business dealings with the highest level of integrity and regard for corporate guidelines, legal and environmental regulations
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High School Grad / GED
• Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
• Experience: 3+ years
• Bachelor's Degree
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Purchasing/ Procurement
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Location: Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies . Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs