NextEra Energy Senior Sourcing Specialist in Juno Beach, Florida
Senior Sourcing Specialist
Date: Aug 28, 2023
Location(s): Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company: NextEra Energy
Requisition ID: 73583
is America’s largest electric company, providing clean, affordable, and reliable electricity to more than 12 million people in Florida. We operate one of the cleanest power generation fleets in the U.S. and our reliability is among the best in the nation. Our goal is to achieve Real Zero carbon emissions from our operations by 2045 by expanding our solar capacity, increasing battery storage and bringing new renewable energy opportunities to Florida, while improving customer affordability and reliability. Are you interested in becoming a game-changer in the energy industry? Join our world-class team today!
Position Specific Description
Our Engineering, Construction and Supply Chain Business Unit is looking for a Senior Sourcing Specialist to join the Integrated Supply Chain team in Juno Beach, FL. This position supports the procurement of materials for our new transmission construction projects. The selected candidate for this role will have a strong bias for action and good organizational skills. Project management and supply chain sourcing experience is strongly preferred.
This position executes the sourcing process for assigned business areas and implements policies and programs directed towards providing contracted services and materials. Employees in this role develop and execute complex sourcing agreements containing unique terms and conditions.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Executes the sourcing process for assigned areas
• Analyzes responses to complex bid requests, points out commercial differences, and makes succinct recommendations in selecting appropriate suppliers for contract awards
• Develops and maintains relationships with business units and suppliers, and conducts complex negotiations successfully under aggressive time demands
• Leads and/or participates on sourcing project teams
• Recommends and communicates sourcing strategy, progress, and results to supervision and ISC management
• Conducts industry analysis and evaluates supplier performance
• Provides market data to support supplier selection, qualification, and on-going performance management
• Drives down the total cost of ownership, and assists in managing the external spend
• Participates in sourcing data analysis, forecasting and planning
• Develops new sources of supply and monitors ongoing supplier performance
• Conducts business dealings with the highest level of integrity and regard for corporate guidelines, legal and environmental regulations
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High School Grad / GED
• Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
• Experience: 4+ years
• Master's Degree
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Purchasing/ Procurement
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies . Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs