NextEra Energy Senior Scrum Master in Juno Beach, Florida
Senior Scrum Master
Date: Oct 9, 2021
Primary Location: Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company: NextEra Energy
Requisition ID: 56530
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
The candidate for this position needs to be highly skilled with extensive proficiency in Software Development and Agile Methodology.
• Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
• Collaborate with analysts and designers in conceptualizing and development of new software programs and applications.
• Assist in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
• Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications and development standards per specific discipline. Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as necessary.
• Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, database administrators, external vendor support, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
• Within their domain, recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and flexibility.
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of technologies within their domain and a strong awareness of company strategic business plans.
• Makes decisions based on facts, through a data driven approach.
• Must serve as a mentor, coach, or leader to others.
• Requires significant relevant technical experience and possess competencies as detailed below
Highly Desired Qualifications:
• Candidate must be outcome driven.
• Have exposure to software development and Scaled Agile and Lean Startup frameworks is a big plus.
• Must have scrum master experience with at least 5 years of hands-on agile delivery experience with scrum/Kanban teams that have onsite and remote members.
• Working understanding of APIs and gateways, such as APIGEE, is ideal.
• Must be technically and business savvy to be able to liaison between the technical team members and the user community.
• Must be able to work independently with none or very minimal guidance and must have commendable oral and written presentation (PowerPoint) skills.
• The candidate will interface with senior leadership in IT and expected to travel as needed to other corporate facilities if needed.
This job provides leadership and direction to an Agile team, serves as an expert in the Scrum process, and enforces Scrum rules and framework. Employees in this role organize and facilitate release and sprint planning sessions, daily stand-up meetings, sprint demos, retrospectives, story refining sessions, and related activities. Leaders in this job embrace and display servant leadership behaviors that come with the key mindset shifts associated with being Agile and facilitate the team becoming self-managing and high-performing.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Organizes and facilitates work planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, and sprint and release planning
Facilitates collaboration for both internal and external teams, resolving conflict, removing impediments, and reducing external dependencies
Coaches team members and stakeholders in preparation for Scrum ceremonies and events and in goal attainment
Coaches team in Agile sizing techniques, makes appropriate and realistic commitments, and works closely with Product Owners
Uses the Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM) tool to prepare, communicate, and share team metrics and delivery results
Creates a product roadmap, coaches the writing of value-driven user stories, features, and epics, and maintains a well-refined backlog
Provides regular feedback to the Agile Transformation Team about new insights and lessons learned from team experiences
Embraces servant leadership and displays behaviors that come with the key mindset shifts associated with being Agile
Keeps informed and educated about industry trends concerning Agile methodologies
Performs other job-related duties as assigned
High School Grad / GED
Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
Experience: 5+ years
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Information Technology
Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC
Location: Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies . Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs