NextEra Energy Senior IT Programmer Analyst in Juno Beach, Florida
Senior IT Programmer Analyst
- Date:Jun 2, 2021
Primary Location: Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company: NextEra Energy
Requisition ID: 52738
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description
Application Problem Manager
NextEra Energy is focused on optimizing the role IT plays in delivering business value to the company. The Application Problem Manager will authoritatively and confidently coordinate the resolution of major application incidents utilizing technical and business resources as necessary, including chairing incident resolution calls and sending executive-style communications to IT leadership and customers. The Application Problem Manager will provide reactive root-cause analysis of application incidents and proactive trend analysis of IT incidents to identify corrective and preventative measures.
This position is focused on managing application problems. The primary objectives of this position are to prevent incidents from happening and to minimize the impact of Incidents that cannot be prevented.
5+ years’ ITIL experience including IT problem lifecycle management
5+ years SAP Functional experience and experience with SAP S/4HANA
Deep understanding of network concepts including routers, proxy servers, switches, DNS, DHCP, and firewalls
Database concepts including the function of reorgs, indexes, buffer quality
Application monitoring best practices and experience with Netcool, Splunk, and AppDynamics.
Cyber Security best practices including SOX requirements
Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
Demonstrated written communication skills
Demonstrated customer service skills
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from peers and management
Ability to multi-task
Demonstrated organizational skills
Demonstrated analytical skills
Demonstrated ServiceNow skills
Assists incident owners by coordinating multiple teams as needed
Owns communication as needed to; Service Delivery Manager, Major Incident Manager, Customer
Application incident investigation and diagnosis
Identifies workarounds for application incidents
Owns problem ticket formulation including root cause and preventive actions
Works closely with Service Delivery Manager
Understands architecture including peripheral applications
Primary objectives are to prevent Incidents from happening and to minimize the impact of Incidents that cannot be prevented. Extremely technical in breadth and depth.
This position assesses, designs, develops, integrates and troubleshoots technology to support business processes. Employees provide technical or functional guidance to project or work teams, as needed within specific or multiple disciplines. This position is accountable for ensuring the reliability, performance, security, and continuity of IT systems, as well as ensuring that excellent technical support services are provided.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Analyzes, designs, develops, tests, debugs, implements, maintains, integrates, customizes and enhances existing or new systems
• Applies appropriate Agile or development methodologies, system development lifecycles, tools, and technology
• Automates the handoff of code releases from development to operations (DevOps)
• Participates in the change management and service ticket management processes, including receiving, resolution monitoring and ensuring customer satisfaction
• Leads projects when needed and builds strong working understanding of the solution being delivered
• Ensures user satisfaction by providing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and timely resolution of more complex problems
• Designs, develops and tests experimental application work to test new ideas with bounded cost and time frames
• Ensures that applications processes are conducted in line with corporate social responsibility, security, compliance, environmental, and technical policies and applicable standards and legislation
• Acts as liaison with regulatory agencies, vendors, and contractors on matters relating to computer systems as required
• Defines metrics and monitors Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for systems being developed
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High School Grad / GED
• Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
• Experience: 5+ years
• Bachelor's - Information Systems
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Information Technology
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Location: Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs