NextEra Energy Senior FPDC Engineering Operator in Juno Beach, Florida
Senior FPDC Engineering Operator
Date:Sep 15, 2018
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 26301
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description NextEra Energy’s Power Generation Division is looking for a Center of Work Excellence (CWE) Engineering Operator that provides real time operations of wind, solar and battery storage facilities across the US and Canada.
Executes all critical CWE Operations processes at an advanced level, including, but not limited to, troubleshooting equipment that is off-line and can be reset, develop troubleshooting instructions to streamline field investigations, plant Start-Up/Shutdown (Curtailment), Energy Market Communications and leadership competencies. Ensures control room compliance with all relevant regulatory compliance requirements. Daily execution of procedures and interpretation of trends and drawings. Requires ability to learn and operate new and existing systems. Position follows a 12-hour rotating shift that requires candidate to work nights, weekends, and some holidays. Position also requires occasional overtime.
The CWE Engineering Operator provides expertise in the remote resetting of equipment and development of troubleshooting instructions to minimize downtime and support field investigations and repair.
Other responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Work with engineering and technical services to understand what is causing turbine trips and collaborating on ways to eliminate trips
- Develop tools and work processes that support the advanced troubleshooting and return to service from central location
- Effectively communicates major events such as unit outages, environmental events, security events, and others to external entities
- Wind Technician I qualification
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of field troubleshooting and repairing multiple manufactures wind turbine models, Bachelor's Degree in Engineering; Associate’s Degree in related field with some relevant experience
- Expert knowledge or familiarity with one or more of the following SCADA Systems:
- GE Visupro, GE WindSCADA Suite, GE ToolBoxST, Siemens WPS Suite, Fenway
- Ability to solve and communicate complex concepts in a way that is simple and easy to understand to a general engineering/management audience
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, EWIS/PI Job Overview Employees in this senior-level role support the Fleet Performance and Diagnostic Center (FPDC), which serves as the operations center of NextEra Energy Resource's wind and photovoltaic (PV) solar fleet. This position executes all critical FPDC Operations processes, including, but not limited to, plant Start-Up/Shutdown (Curtailment), Daily Work Management (troubleshooting and outage restoration), and Energy Market Communications.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Under limited supervision: • Ensures control room compliance with all relevant regulatory compliance requirements • Executes procedures and interprets trends and drawings daily • Requires ability to learn and operate new and existing systems • Communicates major events such as unit outages, environmental events, security events, and others to external entities, executive management, and key support groups effectively • Follows a 12-hour rotating shift that requires employees to work nights, weekends, and some holidays, as well as occasional overtime • Ability to meet attendance and storm duty requirements • Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications • High School Grad / GED • Associate's or Equivalent Experience • Experience:5+ years Preferred Qualifications • Bachelor's - Engineering
Employee Group: Non Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Operations Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami Job Segment:Wind Energy, Energy