NextEra Energy Senior Cybersecurity Analyst in Juno Beach, Florida
Senior Cybersecurity Analyst
Date:Nov 7, 2018
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 29801
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description This position resides in the Advanced Cyberdefense Center (ACC), a functional group under the Cybersecurity group within Information Technology. The Cybersecurity group is responsible for protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of company information and computing networks. We are seeking a seasoned cybersecurity analyst with more thansevenyears of experience to help continue to shape our incident response program.
In your role supporting and assisting with NextEra’s cybersecurity incident response program, you will work with cutting-edge innovative cybersecurity related technologies. As a senior cybersecurity analyst, you will be responsible for the direct assessment of cyber events & incidents for NextEra Energy and its subsidiaries. In addition, you will recommend process and technology related solutions or improvements to protect the company from cybersecurity vulnerabilities and weaknesses.
Candidates applying for this position must demonstrate proficiency in the following:
Highly Desired Skills
- Ability to work in a 24x7 environment and participate in working the second or third shift during the week and/or weekends as scheduling requires
- Ability to follow up on security events, reports, and perform investigations and determine root cause
- Familiarity with any or all of the following technologies; Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR), Host-based antivirus, Network malware detonation/sandboxing, Full Packet Capture tools, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems (IPS), Security Orchestration, Automation & Response (SOAR) tools
- Knowledge of various types of common technologies used across enterprises such as Microsoft Windows, Unix and other common types of applications and protocols
- Strong understanding of computer networking technologies and architectures
- Ability to understand key security controls and how they factor into assessing overall security risk
- Leadership of other team members during cyber incident response efforts
- Highly effective at communicating with various levels of the organization (e.g., technical and non-technical verbal & written communication abilities)
Ability to operate under pressure and multi-task, must demonstrate strong bias for action, follow-through and personal leadership Nice-to-Have Skills
Critical thinking in cybersecurity risk analysis or similar relevant area of focus
- Forensic analysis experience either at the host, network, or both
- Familiarity with Intelligence Driven Defense related methodologies and the cyber threat landscape
GCIH, CISSP, CEH, CHFI, SANS GIAC certifications a plus Additional Info
Must be willing to travel 10% of the time, work extended hours when needed and able to qualify for and hold NRC and NERC CIP clearance
- Position is based out of our Juno Beach office in Florida Job Overview This job is responsible for designing, implementing, and performing procedures and controls necessary to ensure and protect the safety and security of all information systems assets, including prevention of intentional or inadvertent access, modification, disclosure, or destruction.
Job Duties & Responsibilities • Participates in incident management and system investigation efforts, within proper protocols and legalities • Works with innovative cyber-security-related technologies • Proposes process and technology-related solutions or improvements, to protect the company from cyber security vulnerabilities and weaknesses • • Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications • High School Grad / GED • Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience • Experience:5+ years Preferred Qualifications • Analytical Problem Solving • Encryption • Network/Data Security • Strategic Planning
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Information Technology Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami