NextEra Energy Senior Compliance Analyst in Juno Beach, Florida
Senior Compliance Analyst
Date: Oct 7, 2021
Primary Location: Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company: NextEra Energy
Requisition ID: 56439
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description
Come join our innovative benefits team, which provides benefits programs for our 15,000 employees and their dependents. This position will focus on ensuring our department meets compliance requirements with a focus on HIPAA. Other assignments may include contract management, annual benefits strategy development, and ad hoc projects. Successful candidates will have strong project management skills, the ability to understand, edit, and create process and procedure documentation, and work effectively with our benefits, legal, supply chain, and IT departments. Candidates should have a strong bias for action and be able to work independently. Process improvement certifications, such as Six Sigma, are a plus.
This job is responsible for assisting in the management and coordination the Company’s compliance activities. Employees in this job provide interpretive guidance and training; and oversee the development of business unit controls for new regulations or new business initiatives.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensures content of compliance policies and procedures are up-to-date
• Maintains the Companys compliance intranet site as an education and informational sharing tool
• Assists managers in the development and delivery of compliance training
• Maintains all electronic files, reports, filed documents, etc. related to compliance activities
• Monitors compliance activities at regulatory agencies and informs managers, directors, and business units
• Communicates new or revised compliance documentation
• Provides oversight, analysis and guidance to employees and/or business units
• Prepares Executive Management Reports
• Performs spot checks of business unit controls, analyzes and presents results
• Conducts benchmarking research on best practices
• Works with the appropriate departments to gain agreement, makes changes, and revises the Code of Business Conduct and Ethics or Senior Officer Code as necessary
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High School Grad / GED
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience:5+ years
• Master's Degree
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Compliance
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Location: Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies . Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs