NextEra Energy Senior Compliance Analyst - CRO in Juno Beach, Florida
Senior Compliance Analyst - CRO
Date:Mar 30, 2018
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 23173
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description Smile, you found us! Come support the NextEra Energy, Inc. (NEE) Compliance and Responsibility Organization’s (CRO) Compliance Director in managing NEE’s Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), Commodity Futures & Trading Commission (CFTC and Public Utility Commission of Texas (PUCT) compliance activities. CRO’s objective is to provide compliance oversight by working directly with NEE Federal Regulatory Affairs (FRA) attorneys and NEE operational business units to sustain and continuously improve NEE’s culture of compliance.
A successful candidate in this position will have opportunities for exposure with senior management across various business units throughout the company. This is a fast paced and innovative company where logical thinking, strong, effective communication, organizational skills and a passion for continuous improvement are keys to success. We are looking for a seasoned professional with public utility and merchant energy industry experience coupled with FERC regulatory compliance experience.
Compliance Activities and Primary Job Functions:
FERC Compliance Program & Risk Assessments:
- Maintain and update at least annually the FERC Compliance Plans; the Business Unit Rules Applicability Matrix; Risk Assessments and the Roles and Responsibilities Matrix.
Business Unit Guidance:
- Based on notification from FRA, provide timely and relevant communications to business units for new regulatory actions (e.g., orders, audits, proposed rules).
- Provide interpretive and timely guidance on an ad hoc basis to business unit questions based on knowledge of regulatory rules, NEE Policies in regard to such rules and an understanding of business unit operations, including energy trading.
- Update all annual training, including Standards of conduct, Affiliate rules, Anti Market Manipulation, Gas Transportation rules, PUCT Code of Conduct, ensuring the training is tailored to NEEs operations
- Present classroom training as applicable
- Review and classify Business Unit functions in accordance with regulatory rules and NEE polices for Guidance and Training purposes
- Assist business units in their development of processes and monitoring controls as needed for new regulations and new business initiatives
- Perform Spot Checks for higher risk monitoring controls, e.g. anti-market manipulation monitoring controls
- Support EQR filings by analyzing and preparing complex PPA and ISO merchant transaction data and assist the EQR team as needed in system UAT testing.
Regulatory Audits and Requests for Information:
- Oversee and coordinate external audits and regulatory or market monitor requests for information as they arise Job Overview This job is responsible for assisting in the management and coordination the Company’s compliance activities. Employees in this job provide interpretive guidance and training; and oversee the development of business unit controls for new regulations or new business initiatives.
Job Duties & Responsibilities • Ensures content of compliance policies and procedures are up-to-date • Maintains the Companys compliance intranet site as an education and informational sharing tool • Assists managers in the development and delivery of compliance training • Maintains all electronic files, reports, filed documents, etc. related to compliance activities • Monitors compliance activities at regulatory agencies and informs managers, directors, and business units • Communicates new or revised compliance documentation • Provides oversight, analysis and guidance to employees and/or business units • Prepares Executive Management Reports • Performs spot checks of business unit controls, analyzes and presents results • Conducts benchmarking research on best practices • Works with the appropriate departments to gain agreement, makes changes, and revises the Code of Business Conduct and Ethics or Senior Officer Code as necessary • Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications • High School Grad / GED • Bachelor's Degree • Experience:5+ years Preferred Qualifications • Master's Degree
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Compliance Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
#LI-DN1 Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami