NextEra Energy Senior Business Manager in Juno Beach, Florida
Senior Business Manager
Date:Feb 18, 2021
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 49980
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description Position is responsible for the overall management of wind and solar assets in the North Region. Support regional leadership in the development of strategic plans and coordination of strategic initiatives associated with assigned assets. Responsibilities include profit and loss accountability, customer relationships and compliance with power purchase agreements, financing and regulatory requirements, and maintaining close working relationship with stakeholders. Ideal candidates will have MBAs, CFA preferred. (Travel is expected to be approximately 10% of time).
Employees in this position support the overall P and L management of one or more NextEra generating assets or upstream/midstream assets that have achieved commercial operation. This role supports strategic decision-making with respect to such assets, including hedging, operations and maintenance. This role identifies opportunities and analyzes the impact on company financials to maximize P and L profitability. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages and improves the generating asset or upstream/midstream assets Profit and Loss including optimization of asset interaction with energy markets
- Completes budgets and monthly forecasting, financial analyses, ad hoc reports, and modeling
- Ensures compliance with power purchase agreements, land leases, financings and regulatory requirements
- Works with teams throughout the company in a coordinator capacity
- Maintains close working relationships with customers and stakeholders
- Monitors project operations
- Conducts analysis on issues impacting operations and proactively identifies opportunities for improvement
- Leads value-added projects such as supporting regional leadership in the development of strategic plans, mergers and acquisitions, project development, asset optimization, restructurings, and building relationships with off-takers, landowners, and state and local regulators
- Trains and mentors Business Management Analysts
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree • Experience:7+ years
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) • Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) • Master's Degree
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs