NextEra Energy Project Manager - E&C in Juno Beach, Florida
Project Manager - E&C
Date:Feb 22, 2021
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 51116
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description Our Engineering & Construction Business Unit is seeking a Project Manager to join their team in Juno Beach, FL.
The selected candidate for this role will be responsible for managing the daily coordination of Engineering, Estimating, Supply Chain and Construction resources through the pre-construction (early stage) activities for Wind and High Voltage projects within Engineering & Construction (E&C).
Duties include critical coordination of highly matrixed project development teams to ensure resources are focused on the right early stage activities as well as ensure that projects can be turned over to the construction team with an executable plan (including schedule, budget, risks & mitigations, etc.).
Day to day activities as the Early Stage Project Manager include:
- Coordinating engineering, estimating and procurement teams; development of the projects’ technical scope; coordinating with other project leads for environmental/regulatory permitting; land acquisition; interconnection support, scheduling; etc.
- Competitively source, select and contract geotechnical, survey, engineering and construction services.
- Support the construction cost estimating team with assumptions and delivering financial model inputs to the respective Business Unit.
- Generally responsible for representing the E&C’s interest on assigned projects, including presentations/briefing on current progress, issues and risk mitigation in meetings with various levels of management.
Current portfolio of projects spans the US and Canada.
This position is responsible for the overall management of the team and assigned projects, to ensure compliance within required budgetary, scheduling, and safety goals. Employees in this role coordinate and manage construction work performed by contractors and/or vendors at the project site. Employees in this role manage the engineering, procurement and construction oversight-activities necessary to develop, license/permit, erect, start-up, and commence commercial operations. Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Works collaboratively with resources in various disciplines to determine project priorities and work plans • Meets corporate objectives with limited project management, scheduling and estimating resources • Manages department resources to provide effective early-stage project development support • Ensures projects are efficiently, effectively and safely implemented in accordance with department procedures and policies • Manages walk down of planned work, validates acceptance of completed work to design requirements, approves contractor payment requests • Verifies constructability, ensures proper resource allocations, assesses field status and resolves issues as needed • Leads project meetings and reviews budget, risk tracker, and contingency allocations • Interfaces with project's designated management committees, or acts as Executive Director of project activities • Supervises activities and/or coordinates activities or groups, such as safety programs, engineering, construction, budget, and analysis and contract administration • Oversees commissioning activities to meet corporate objectives, with limited project management, scheduling and estimating resources • Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience • Experience:7+ years
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Maintenance/Construction Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs