NextEra Energy Principal Web User Experience Designer in Juno Beach, Florida
Principal Web User Experience Designer
Date: Sep 23, 2022
Location(s): Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company: NextEra Energy
Requisition ID: 66104
is America’s largest electric company, providing clean, affordable, and reliable electricity to more than 12 million people in Florida. We operate one of the cleanest power generation fleets in the U.S. and our reliability is among the best in the nation. Our goal is to achieve Real Zero carbon emissions from our operations by 2045 by expanding our solar capacity, increasing battery storage and bringing new renewable energy opportunities to Florida, while improving customer affordability and reliability. Are you interested in becoming a game-changer in the energy industry? Join our world-class team today!
Position Specific Description
NextEra Energy is looking for a Principal User Experience Designer to join their Enterprise IT User Experience Team. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker passionate about applying Design Thinking, UX and Service Design methodologies to continuously uncover improvement opportunities and create compelling digital experiences that aligned with business goals. This job is responsible for creating great user experiences on the web and other digital channels. Individuals work cross-functionally and collaboratively to design the graphical user interface and experience for applications and web sites. Employees in this role guide developers through fulfilling the design experience.
Job Specific Responsibilities
• Effectively facilitate collaborative design thinking workshops, design sprints and design reviews with business stakeholders and cross functional teams
• Ability to “tell a story” – and clearly (and tactfully) communicate design rationale, alternative perspectives and business value proposition
• Collaborate and work closely with product managers, technical architects and software developers to inform the functional designs of digital solutions to ensure alignment with business & end user objectives
• An understanding of information architecture, multi-step flows, cross-platform experiences, and an ability to think through problems that arise outside of a happy path user flow
• Ability to conduct both qualitative and quantitative UX research to help define and monitor adoption, engagement, and satisfaction metrics for features and the product as a whole
• Provide UX consultation and strategic guidance to project stakeholders and development teams
• Create personas, service blueprints, sitemaps, user flows and wireframes
• Provide heuristic assessment of digital user interfaces and lead usability testing
• Knowledge and experience designing with adherence to enterprise design systems
• General knowledge around Salesforce Lightning design system and self-service portals/workflows like ServiceNow
• Mentor junior staff members and lead by example
• Experience working within an Agile environment
• Participation and thought leadership in the UX community of practice and the Enterprise Design System at NextEra Energy
This job is responsible for creating great user experiences on the web and other digital channels. Individuals work cross-functionally and collaboratively to design the graphical user interface and experience for applications and web sites. Employees in this role guide developers through fulfilling the design experience.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Collaborates with product management and developers to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
Executes all visual design stages from concept to a collaborative hand-off with software developers
Conceptualizes original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
Demonstrates both user interface and user experience concepts to product management
Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
Experience: 6+ years
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Information Technology
Organization: Florida Power & Light Company
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies . Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs