NextEra Energy Principal PGD Engineer- Workforce Analytics in Juno Beach, Florida
Principal PGD Engineer- Workforce Analytics
Date: Nov 19, 2021
Location(s): Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company: NextEra Energy
Requisition ID: 58061
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description
NextEra Energy’s Power Generation Division is looking for a principal workforce data science/analytics specialist to support the Center of Work Excellence (CWE) which prioritizes and schedules work for the entire wind, solar, and energy storage generation fleet across the US and Canada. Employees in this role make recommendations on staffing and productivity using applied data analytics based on the operational and maintenance data from NextEra’s renewable energy fleet.
• Employs data visualization software like Power BI or Tableau to communicate concepts in a way that is simple and easy to understand to a general engineering/management audience
• Uses SQL, Python, and/or R to analyze large data sets, conduct data mining studies, validate current scheduling tools, and develop new algorithms/solutions
• Provides staffing model recommendations based on multidimensional data inputs
• Evaluates the renewable fleet’s workforce productivity to enable cost advantageous decisions
• Acts as a mentor to lower level employees
Employees in this role make decisions and recommendations having significant impact on extensive engineering and related activities for the company. This position negotiates critical and controversial issues with top level engineers and officers of other organizations and companies.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Demonstrates a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in planning, organizing, and guiding extensive engineering programs and activities
• Manages one or more programs of complex diversity and scope which are of critical importance to overall company objectives
• Acts as a subject matter expert
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Bachelor's - Engineering
• Experience: 7+ years
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Engineering
Organization: NextEra Operating Srvs
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies . Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs